Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you participate in crowdfunding? - page 2. (Read 415 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
February 05, 2019, 11:14:14 PM
The main idea of crowdfunding is for investors to pull their monies together to support the launching of a project. Unfortunately people join ICOs as traders not investors so the moment the coin is being listed, they quickly dump them without even waiting for the project to launch any of their products, destroying the price of the coin. Now these same people will come and create a thread here that ICOs are dead. In fact crypto is not dead, we are actually killing it.

Is your main idea to support the project or just to make profit from the bonuses and go your way?
Up until today i still feeling hesitate to join into project ICO, cause what i had saw that the coins will mostly drop when it got listed in the market.
So i prefer to choose to purchase the coins when it got listed in the market, that will be safer for me.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 05, 2019, 11:09:00 PM
Many people go to ico because they can get huge benefits.But now the market situation is not optimistic.Many people have not been able to make a profit and have lost a lot of money.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
February 05, 2019, 10:39:51 PM
That's right, for ICOs who really succeed in raising funds but the price of coins or their tokens are destroyed a lot due to traders who enter ICO as short-term investors open to long-term investors. They take advantage of discounts or bonuses from pre-ICO and ICO purchases that can get tens of percent bonus. But it's always blamed for bounty hunters, even though their share is only around 2% - 3% of the total tokens sold
It's not always the bounty hunter, the real thing to blame is the admin of those ICO project. The down fall of the project start on internal and not those bounty hunters who only want a real money than it's alternative coins.
Giving huge bonuses in private sales and pre-sale and bonuses at the ICO stage which are always big and the commitment of ICO developers who are not consistent with their products is a big factor that killed the ICO. Sometimes there are also advisors who directly sell the tokens they get so that they reduce prices. There are many factors that kill the ICO, but only 2-3% bounty is very meaningless
Activity: 364
Merit: 2
February 05, 2019, 05:04:06 PM
Crowdfunding in the crypto space investment avenue for peopele , So people support projects basically to make some extra profits
Activity: 490
Merit: 12
February 05, 2019, 04:58:49 PM
The solution for that is to luck up the tokens and to distribute 10 percent of contributed coins to investors and not to launch a bounty programme. This would avoid the price dumping and help to stabilise coin on an exchange.
You made a valid point here its better to lock up some part of the tokens to avoid dumpers who are after profits while some of the ICOs teams are also after profits after earning some funds they carelesssly  abandon the project to the detriment of some investor who believed in that project thus both parties is to blame.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
February 05, 2019, 04:21:08 PM
I don't join any ICO but if there will be an interesting, I'll support but you can't deny the fact of having some profit.

Well, its all the issue, "profit". Even investors invest for the same motive, they will not sacrifice their money for a certain project which they are not even sure of its success. Besides not all projects launching crowdfunding turn out to be successful at the end so they act wisely for their own benefit too instead of waiting till the product be lunched but no guarantee what will be the outcome. As if it is not known to all how most projects make good promises and still remain promises at the end.  Grin
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
February 05, 2019, 04:04:19 PM
Last year I lose some money through crowdsale and that has seriously affected my investment and since then I have decided to invest in project and tokens that are listed in the market.  Buying through crowdsale is the undo of many investors.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
February 05, 2019, 03:57:08 PM
The solution for that is to luck up the tokens and to distribute 10 percent of contributed coins to investors and not to launch a bounty programme. This would avoid the price dumping and help to stabilise coin on an exchange.
Activity: 574
Merit: 15
February 05, 2019, 03:50:38 PM
Nothing personal only business, as soon as the price of a coin exceeds the purchase price, you should immediately sell it, those who hold the coin and believe in the success of the project are either very naive people or beginners like me.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
February 02, 2019, 10:35:30 AM
The main idea of crowdfunding is for investors to pull their monies together to support the launching of a project. Unfortunately people join ICOs as traders not investors so the moment the coin is being listed, they quickly dump them without even waiting for the project to launch any of their products, destroying the price of the coin. Now these same people will come and create a thread here that ICOs are dead. In fact crypto is not dead, we are actually killing it.

Is your main idea to support the project or just to make profit from the bonuses and go your way?
We invest on a good project because we want to support it so when they succeed on that, our money will be doubled or more. In investment we have to sell it so we can make profit, there is no forever coins on our crypto wallet we have to leave sometimes so we can hold a better coins.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
February 02, 2019, 10:30:25 AM
Now the main goal of a large mass of the crypto community is to make quick money. That's why people participate in the bounty and get their little awards and then immediately sell everything on the stock exchange. People who invest in ICO are not traders. They are very much interested in the fact that the price of the coin continued to grow and therefore they are interested in the quality of the product. As long as people think about the speculation of the crypto industry will not budge.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
February 02, 2019, 10:28:17 AM
in my opinion, most investors are now in a hurry to invest and do not want to take risks so that when coins appear on the market almost all investors and traders sell all their coins without seeing the future of the coin.
Activity: 343
Merit: 100
February 02, 2019, 06:31:40 AM
I think that I participate as investor. But If I will launch my own project, I won’t list my tokens without any release of my products. So it’s fault from both sides.
Activity: 532
February 01, 2019, 12:28:24 PM
the reason I joined was to support the project and seek profits. I can't support it if I lose, so if I see the price of the token doesn't match the joke I better sell and leave the project. this might hurt but this is the fact. many people like me right now. some even worse they just wait for the pump and then dump it away.
Activity: 662
Merit: 11
www.cd3d.app
February 01, 2019, 12:24:57 PM

I just go with the flow, if you see the price is not worth holding. I will sell it. from the very beginning I invested in ICO I planned to hold the long term. but for reasons of very low prices and dev less support so I sold it. and because every project I invest in is like this, I have already started withdrawing from the ICO.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
February 01, 2019, 12:20:11 PM

What amazes me is that, if those investors should dump what they have, at that initial stage, there will not be any profit coming to them, rather it would be loss.
Yet they still prefer to dump the price of the coin.
This is mostly done to manipulate the market, so that they can turn the whole thing to a trading event. This at will definitely cause a breakdown for the project if care is not taken.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
February 01, 2019, 11:17:36 AM
It is kinda confusing from the subject title and the question about making the token's price. But anyway, crowdfunding is very good because investment are consolidated so that we can support a certain project.

About the issue about dumping versus keeping the price of the token will simply rely on the holder. He has the power to decide whether to sell it. Some are just really afraid that they will lose their money if they don't dump it.
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
SYNCHROBIT
February 01, 2019, 11:08:59 AM
Because they do not care about the project itself. The main goal is to make the most possible amount of money. It does not matter in what project to invest in, the aim is clear. Thats why the market is suffering at the moment.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
February 01, 2019, 11:06:22 AM
The main idea of crowdfunding is to support a project towards realization of its goals but many investors invest in ICOs for their own personal gains and that is why they quickly dump their tokens right after listing.
Activity: 560
February 01, 2019, 11:00:04 AM
Everyone in this crypto space has their own free will to either sell or hold their ICO tokens. But honestly, dumping your coins at a very cheap price right after listing is not a nice approach.
Pages:
Jump to: