Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does bitcointalk allows signatures? - page 2. (Read 482 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 1
June 23, 2020, 08:31:11 AM
The forum can prevent all forms of profit from this forum, an idea that may be implemented in the future, but what will the interest be? Many accounts will leave the forum and there will be no further discussions.
I think that there were sections that applied this theory and did not capture much of the discussion.
If a solution to this problem is not found, the administration will delete all profit methods.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
June 23, 2020, 08:21:27 AM
In my opinion, bitcointalk should not allow anyone to add a custom signature. What's the point? Many many members use them to advertise services. They have seen it like a business, but it's just a forum.
I read posts and I always get advertised, and it gets annoying sometimes. Since there are no many admins/mods online, so they could penalize those who advertise, they can simply disable the signature system that doesn't provide anything important.
I wonder, you are also carrying a signature for yourself. If you really hate signatures, why do you still create your own? Moreover, you mentioned custom signatures, I don't really understand, all signatures are custom, if you classify it, 1 is custom, what is 2 and what is 3? Maybe you can also talk about fixed signatures  Roll Eyes Do not allow customizations, ie, fixed it, right?

stompix gave you instructions to disable all signatures. In other cases, you can disable signature in one of your threads, it's the same way that people have done with Wall Observer

When I say custom I mean ads, I think some people call it a bounty. My signature isn't something that a service paid me to write it. I write it, because I wanted to and it doesn't affect your eye while reading my posts.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
June 23, 2020, 08:04:35 AM
In my opinion, bitcointalk should not allow anyone to add a custom signature. What's the point? Many many members use them to advertise services. They have seen it like a business, but it's just a forum.
I read posts and I always get advertised, and it gets annoying sometimes. Since there are no many admins/mods online, so they could penalize those who advertise, they can simply disable the signature system that doesn't provide anything important.
I wonder, you are also carrying a signature for yourself. If you really hate signatures, why do you still create your own? Moreover, you mentioned custom signatures, I don't really understand, all signatures are custom, if you classify it, 1 is custom, what is 2 and what is 3? Maybe you can also talk about fixed signatures  Roll Eyes Do not allow customizations, ie, fixed it, right?

stompix gave you instructions to disable all signatures. In other cases, you can disable signature in one of your threads, it's the same way that people have done with Wall Observer
Activity: 236
Merit: 117
June 23, 2020, 07:58:19 AM
Are you talking about an advertisement that comes below the posts or the Bitcointalk signature that a user puts in his profile?

The advertisement is common on any platform, you can see on any website, forums, social media platforms, etc. You can put some adblockers to avoid those.

And about the Bitcointalk signature, it is common that most of the users put the signature for promotions. It can be their own website or product or they participate in signature campaigns for promoting other websites. You can ignore those things if you are not interested.
legendary
Farewell, Leo
June 23, 2020, 07:38:59 AM
Thank you! I hadn't searched for it. Since admins have this way, then it's okay, no problem.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
June 23, 2020, 07:37:01 AM
I read posts and I always get advertised, and it gets annoying sometimes.

[Guide]: How to disable signatures without using scripts
Also, the signature stuff has been debated so many times a new topic won't change anything.

Since there are no many admins/mods online, so they could penalize those who advertise, they can simply disable the signature system that doesn't provide anything important.

Report all the posts that you consider spam if the mods agree they will delete them and the spammers won't get paid a cent, in the long run they might even get banned.
legendary
Farewell, Leo
June 23, 2020, 07:29:19 AM

Pages:
Jump to: