Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does bitcointalk not issue a separate coin? - page 3. (Read 493 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory
More and more new projects are born. For a successful project, the bitcointalk forum is an important step in promoting the project. So why does bitcointalk not issue its own coin to manage and make requests for projects to post on the forum. Like a project running IEO on exchanges, bitcointalk acts as the exchange for the purpose of minimizing phishing projects. Help forum remove spam messages

They are the official representative of Bitcoin, so why to set up one, why make things complicated, they are already making money from advertisement and about spam post, we already have moderators who take care of that, look at the issue on Stake.com campaign they are addressing it because so many spams is coming on that bounty, this is according to reports not mine.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
More and more new projects are born. For a successful project, the bitcointalk forum is an important step in promoting the project. So why does bitcointalk not issue its own coin to manage and make requests for projects to post on the forum. Like a project running IEO on exchanges, bitcointalk acts as the exchange for the purpose of minimizing phishing projects. Help forum remove spam messages
You can get the reason why bitcointalk was created from the name itself,its for bitcoin so no need for another token and what will be the purpose if there is some.

Bitcointalk is a private forum which helping the crypto related people for their needs and also it is gaining fuds from the advertisement slots so I feel there is no need for new token.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
This had been discussed a few times and with the evolving technology, it would not be a surprise if the forum comes up with its own tokens.
The merit system could be made decentralized, not exactly as such but a complex rewarding system. It could further make it easier to manage the merits. As long as the trust system works and the account data managed by the administrator, there would be no abuse of it.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
What is the reason for a new coin, it is a bitcoin board and bitcoin is our coin, some are creating all these shit coins does not mean that we need to have a separate coin for the board too. Not sure how a new project will reduce spam messages and minimize phishing projects, people here are trying their best to counter that for free and are you telling to collect millions and start a project just because everyone is doing that Roll Eyes.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
On a lighter note btt coin can provide more services like buying merit points in exchange of btt coins and also buying higher ranks with its coins. On a serious note i do not think that this forum needs a coin as it is a discussion board and we should not push it other corners.
Activity: 882
Merit: 17
it does not need a coin because this is where bitcoin foundation started. this form was created to inform, interact with the community about bitcoin. the forum coin is the number cryptocurrency which is bitcoin. there is no need getting another coin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
because bitcointalk is not a company to issue its own token and the owners of this forum are not desperate for money nor are they scammers to run an ICO raising funds to do absolutely nothing except increase the number of shitcoins by one.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
This forum supported a token project called Howey.
Your idea is to fully monetize this forum whereby new ICO/ieo and sto projects needs to pay in order to create a new announcement thread but this will reduce the forum popularity as time pass on because human being likes anything that worth fortunes but come free or extremely cheap.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144

In my limited knowledge, this forum was made by Satoshi himself, that is why this forum is so famous and an authoritative figure in the crypto space, therefore why need a new coin? Many members are constantly working on bitcoin core and developing it and making it better.

Indeed, you can look at this first thread made by Satoshi - Welcome to the new Bitcoin forum! so for short BITCOIN is already the coin of this forum and besides, this forum is not just a place to make money before it originated to give knowledge and more information about bitcoin to people so I don't see any reason to create bitcointalk coin for the purpose of advertisement. The admin of this forum are doing their best to maintain the quality of the forum, and I guess they know what is the best for the forum itself.
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 0
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
That will be an out of hand to my own opinion as this forum is called bitcointalk and dont need any other coin to be issue so as that will even distabilize the forum and what will the token be use for and why would it be created in first instance , so I dont support or think it will be a good idea to have such to this forum .
Activity: 647
Merit: 274

In my limited knowledge, this forum was made by Satoshi himself, that is why this forum is so famous and an authoritative figure in the crypto space, therefore why need a new coin? Many members are constantly working on bitcoin core and developing it and making it better.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: