Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does having a LinkedIn profile mean you're legit? - page 2. (Read 257 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
It's easy to create LinkedIn or any site that are existing and we all know that we shouldn't trust people based on this kind of platforms especially on the SocMed platforms.

Okay, if they have many followers or have a lot of activities on that platform, you can still build their credibility on LinkedIn. Even known personalities in social media have the ability to fool or scam people with their online reputation.

Anyways, IMO you're in the wrong discussion board.
Activity: 11
Merit: 5
This has puzzled me for years, in the crypto community having a LinkedIn profile seem to be the communities way of saying "Yep you're a legit person".

A couple years ago someone told me I didn't have a LinkedIn account so there was no way of proving I wasn't a scammer hiding behind a false identity. So I created a LinkedIn account and of course once you've got one you need connections. I connected with people I knew in real life and then the next day I saw some connection requests from people I didn't know. I accepted them just to see if there could a benefit for me.

It then hit me! If I get over 500 connections on LinkedIn (LinkedIn only shows 500+ and not the actual number of connections) it would some how prove to the community that I was "legit". So 24 hours later I got over 1,200 connections and yep I am now an honest legit person to their eyes. A friend of mine said to me "Wow, how'd you get so many connections so fast? You profile looks professional".

If that's all it took for me to show that I'm a real person imagine how many fake accounts there are out there.

The point I'm trying to make is I don't think LinkedIn (or others alike) should be used as a way of proving that someone is who they say they are.

What do you just think and how do you guys verify someone is legit, say if you want to collaborate/invest in their project?
Pages:
Jump to: