Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does the Bitcoin price keeps nose diving? - page 3. (Read 834 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669
Because Bitcoin price isn't ready to start pumping it yet, and.. Bakkt has been delayed to January so there are not good news for anyone.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
According to CNBC, federal prosecutors had launched a criminal probe into the cryptocurrencies earlier this year based on suspicions that their price was being manipulated. I think it might be the main reason behind the price of bitcoin dropping to around $4000, but I also wonder whether it could be that authorities are afraid that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are taking over the financial system since they're now so popular.

Institutional investors tend to sell when they hear news of potential criminal action.

Just be grateful that none of those ETFs were approved - we'd have had a tsunami of retail selling as well!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Fake news affect bitcoin price ddown
Bad news affect bitcoin price down
Whales maniiptlation affect bitcoin price down
And especially volatile fluctuations
All the above are basis why bitcoin price falling down according from people analysis
But until now there nothing to proof how really true that is the main reason of bitcoin fall down
For me the reason why bitcoin fall down because is affeted of world economic crisis

I also read that the world economic growth will be at a standstill in 2019, which is not good news for the digital economy. Hopefully, people will keep using cryptos to prevent their decline at a very crucial time.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
According to CNBC, federal prosecutors had launched a criminal probe into the cryptocurrencies earlier this year based on suspicions that their price was being manipulated. I think it might be the main reason behind the price of bitcoin dropping to around $4000, but I also wonder whether it could be that authorities are afraid that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are taking over the financial system since they're now so popular.

Fake news affect bitcoin price ddown
Bad news affect bitcoin price down
Whales maniiptlation affect bitcoin price down
And especially volatile fluctuations
All the above are basis why bitcoin price falling down according from people analysis
But until now there nothing to proof how really true that is the main reason of bitcoin fall down
For me the reason why bitcoin fall down because is affeted of world economic crisis
People need to survive making money in bad ways
Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Telegram: @worldofcoinss
November 20, 2018, 06:18:08 PM

I don't think the financial system fears cryptocurrencies that much as no decentralised coin has been favoured or backed up by any central organisation. I think its more to do with the fear amongst the holders and liquidating their investments.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
November 20, 2018, 06:03:39 PM

The cryptocurrency market is not so big as to pose a threat to the global financial system. As for the manipulations, they are. But if we look at the situation in the world as a whole, we will see that the markets are falling. Therefore, the fall of cryptocurrency is predictable.
November 20, 2018, 05:24:12 PM
They are afraid that crypto's are going to take over fiat/financial system? I guess so but that's too early to assume that they are into it. The price is diving due to many panic sellers are adding the flock and this creates the force that gives these big institutions to have that taste of victory for buying the cheapest that they can. I think they are just waiting for more but once there's already a buying signal, we will see that the market will climb quickly.

But what's important is that people don't stop using bitcoin. It would be a huge win for corporations. However, at this point who knows what's going to happen.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
November 20, 2018, 05:13:46 PM
They are afraid that crypto's are going to take over fiat/financial system? I guess so but that's too early to assume that they are into it. The price is diving due to many panic sellers are adding the flock and this creates the force that gives these big institutions to have that taste of victory for buying the cheapest that they can. I think they are just waiting for more but once there's already a buying signal, we will see that the market will climb quickly.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
November 20, 2018, 05:03:37 PM
The price keeps nose diving because there are more sellers than buyers. Why are there more sellers than buyers? Because there hasn't been much positive (if any) news about Bitcoin for most of the year...people are bored.

I think it might be because of federal prosecutors launching a criminal probe into the cryptocurrencies earlier this year, but why?

What prosecutors? What criminal probe? In what country? When you speak in such generalities you don't help us engage in your discussion.

He must be talking about that article that I saw somewhere about prosecutors going after Bitfinex again for tether manipulation. While I'd like tether to just disappear because there's too much stink hovering around it, people going after tether is not people going after Bitcoin otr cryptocurrencies in general.
November 20, 2018, 04:56:57 PM
What prosecutors? What criminal probe? In what country? When you speak in such generalities you don't help us engage in your discussion.

Just added the link from CNBC that talks about that criminal probe by the U.S (https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/11/20/regulators-investigate-whether-bitcoin-price-was-propped-up-illegally.html). DOJ because apparently the authorities suspect that there was foul play involved in the value of bitcoin being propped up for the past year. As I said, the probe started earlier this year, unbeknownst to many including me who are frequent users of bitcoin and other digital currencies.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
November 20, 2018, 04:47:33 PM
everything is much easier. I think that the manipulators decided to push the market very well down and do not need to invent anything else
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
November 20, 2018, 04:37:50 PM
The price keeps nose diving because there are more sellers than buyers. Why are there more sellers than buyers? Because there hasn't been much positive (if any) news about Bitcoin for most of the year...people are bored.

I think it might be because of federal prosecutors launching a criminal probe into the cryptocurrencies earlier this year, but why?

November 20, 2018, 04:29:52 PM
Pages:
Jump to: