Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Does the US Military Think Bitcoin Is a Terrorist Threat? - page 3. (Read 5292 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
The US Military are all about "order"  With order they feel they have control.  Bitcoin is not something that can be controlled and put in a box.  This scares them and they try to spread fear to others by using terms they know works like terrorism or terrorists.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
Time to invade Iran in search of Satoshi Nakamoto.

lol...

Yep, they'll try to convince the sheeple that Satoshi is the mastermind behind this plot to destroy America by creating an alternative to the dollar.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
To answer the question in the title, I would imagine it's because if they don't understand it or how it could be used as a threat, then it could become one. If they do understand how it could be used against them, then it's much harder to use it against them. Most terrorism gets thwarted in the financial realm, in my opinion, so I can see why they would do this at least.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Some people will inevitably use Bitcoins for naughty things but it is much the same with cash.
Activity: 21
I dont think the US military thinks a lot of things through  Shocked
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
In all seriousness, they're terrified by Bitcoin and they should be. The dawn of Cryptocurrency spells the end of the era of infinite pseudo-money printing for Military Industrial Complex war profiteers.

If you haven't already seen Bitcoin vs. Political Power, watch it. Watch it right now.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
because bitcoin is funding Al Qaedaaaa  Shocked

no wait, that is the CIA.. Grin
Activity: 457
Merit: 291
The answer to this question I think is best answered by the last line in the parable "The Emperors New Clothes"
http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/TheEmperorsNewClothes_e.html

"The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on."
So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all."

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Time to invade Iran in search of Satoshi Nakamoto.
Activity: 448
Activity: 17
Because Mark Karpeles is literally Hitler I'd guess
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
They are trying to drive the price down to pick up a few cheap coins Smiley
Activity: 490
The US military has to regard any novel technology as fundamentally manipulable by hostile elements
Par for the course, I guess that they would view btc thru a sceptical lens
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
PeopleOld white male millionaires in Congress were lobbied by MasterCard against Bitcoin.
FTFY. Sometimes it's important to be specific.

You must understand, the lobbyists and the congresspersons, they are of the same caste.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
It is simpler than that: terrorism is cheap. Anything of value can be considered a terrorist threat.

The Four Horsemen of the Infocalypse are approximately "drug-dealers, money-launderers, terrorists, and pedophiles."

When terrorist financing became illegal after 2001, the reporting thresholds banks need to comply with KYC laws were largely dropped. Terrorism is scary precisely because it is so cheap. I think we can expect to see Bitcoin funded terrorism within 5 years. Note: I am excluding "economic terrorism", which as far as I can tell, includes any successful boycott
Activity: 854
Nope..
The military is told what to think.  Always.  Surely they have been ordered to investigate as a mean of terrorism.  The only terrorism I see is if my coins aren't in my wallet, I turn into a large deranged green monster.  At that point, I just might be a little teeny wee bit over the line of....terrorism.  But only for a moment. 
Activity: 476
The US Military and Bankers are terrorists themselves!

Lots of truth to that!
Activity: 19
The US Military and Bankers are terrorists themselves!
Activity: 476
They don't think its a terrorist thread. They just feel the need to keep their monopoly on controlled money.

Yeah, well put!

The "terrorist threat" is just a false flag.
Pages:
Jump to: