Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does US trade with other countries when it can just loot their resources? - page 2. (Read 440 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
^^^ Right! At the end of WWII, who had the atomic bomb? Who had the greatest manufacturing capability in the world? Who had enough natural resources to do just about anything that they wanted? Who had the brains to put everything together?

The USA, of course.

Why did the USA simply not take over the world? I mean, they could have. They had the bomb. I mean, they were the driving force that whupped Germany, Japan, and Italy combined. And the USA was just getting started. If the Axis had not fallen as "easily" as it did, the USA could have literally mounted forces far greater than they mounted.

So, why didn't the USA take over the world through conquest? One major reason. The mindset of the USA people. After all, the one-worlders were there, and they wanted to take over the world. That's what they were trying to use Germany for.

But you know they were in the USA by how I.G. Farben moved to the USA and formed Big Pharma, and by how they penetrated the USA Government along with the Jews. But the USA people would never have allowed it if the one-worlders tried. In fact, it's the USA solid Christian Fundamentalists who are keeping the one-worlders from taking over, today.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
The USA got to be this powerful because it is more of an idea and an ideology than it is a nation. Part of that ideology includes the preservation of basic rights and sovereignty. While the USA might be able to just steam roll everyone and take their shit now, eventually a bigger fish would manifest, and no one would shed a tear because they would be losing fair and square at a game of might makes right, a game that they had started. The overall ideology is more resilient than might makes right could ever be.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
You have some friends, or people you know and live around. You are the tallest and strongest of all of them and there's no police, you live in a remote village. Do you start attacking them one by one and taking their stuff because you have those superior qualities? Normal people don't like to make enemies and US as any other country consists of people. If you make too many enemies they will come to your house when you sleep and kick your ass. You'll never know when to expect an attack and who will hold a grudge. It's a really simple example but this is how the world works. The US might be the strongest but there are many pretenders to the title and all of them together would easily starve the US.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
US has the highest number of nukes. It is the most powerful country in the world.

Yet it continues to trade and compete with other countries. Even with smaller negligible countries.

It raises a question in my mind that what's keeping it from using excessive forces to just be the bad guy and loot everything xD

Am I missing something? Or is my assumption too generalising ?

No reply with statements like "US is very good in heart" pls. I need some opinions on it Smiley
Trading with other countries is a cover up and the really thing is that usa is using the trade balance to manipulate other countries money. It became strong my weaking other countries currencies and USA can only do that through trade and trading laws. Looting is not possible because if those countries don't have power to rescue themselves, nature will not allow that.
Activity: 280
Merit: 215
The simple answer the world is more civilized and things are done more logically and reasonably. The US is a very powerful country that's an unarguable fact but a country can not be bigger than the world. Don't forget the is a United Nations that compares of other countries so if the US had decided to use force during trade it would cause a World War. And the US where one of the countries that fought against Adolf Hitler for trying to do almost the same thing.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
US has the highest number of nukes. It is the most powerful country in the world.

Yet it continues to trade and compete with other countries. Even with smaller negligible countries.

It raises a question in my mind that what's keeping it from using excessive forces to just be the bad guy and loot everything xD

Am I missing something? Or is my assumption too generalising ?

No reply with statements like "US is very good in heart" pls. I need some opinions on it Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: