Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Doesn’t Western Union or Moneygram Use Bitcoin? - page 5. (Read 3498 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 501
Chainjoes.com
because western union or moneygram
1 is high fee, is compare use local bank
2 is very long time to receive , in use local exchanger use local bank is very fast

so all people prefered choose local bank, to bitcoin transaction
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
I would say that when bitcoin really takes hold we will eventually see the end of western union and moneygram.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
The short answer is that Western Union doesn’t need Bitcoin in its current infantile state. Conversely, if and when Bitcoin reaches adulthood the world would no longer need Western Union.
I really liked the above statement and this is one of the fewest articles that I really enjoyed reading on cointelegraph[1].

[1] https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-doesnt-western-union-or-moneygram-use-bitcoin#

Thank you for sharing with us this article, I didn't know that people are able to make WU transfers within the Viber mobile application, for WU that is not accepting bitcoin I think is a big mistake especially people would enjoy spending their bitcoin for instant cash like withdrawing bitcoin from a bitcoin debit card.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
There's no money for Western Union or Moneygram to make by transacting Bitcoin. WU's fees are super high, they couldn't come close to competing with Coinbase or non-bank methods of bitcoin transaction.

Majority of the people using WU are lower income and exchanging money across borders. It would make more sense for these people to use bitcoin INSTEAD of WU, it would be cheaper and easier for them if there were bitcoin ATMs (that accept cash) nearby.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Bitcoin encroaches more on WU's business model than anything to be honest, they really can't use it without admiting that Bitcoin is better and undermining their own quality of service to be completely honest. Something like that is just going to be absolutely insane for most companies' reputation, and even if they don't need it, it completely damages their own business model.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
The short answer is that Western Union doesn’t need Bitcoin in its current infantile state. Conversely, if and when Bitcoin reaches adulthood the world would no longer need Western Union.
I really liked the above statement and this is one of the fewest articles that I really enjoyed reading on cointelegraph[1].

[1] https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-doesnt-western-union-or-moneygram-use-bitcoin#
Pages:
Jump to: