Pages:
Author

Topic: Why don't bounties use referral links? - page 2. (Read 228 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 550
April 30, 2018, 09:39:44 PM
Hello Alisa, bounties are like freelance marketing projects, it's not about the investors you pull in, it's about the traffic you create. So if you show the ico to 1000 people instead of 100, you still create 10 times more traffic and through word of mouth marketing, 1000 people create even more than tenfold traffic compared to 100 people.

But most of the airdrops use a referral system, you get more coins from the airdrop if you refer and make your friends sign-up.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
April 30, 2018, 08:55:45 PM
I'm not complaining about anything, just want to discuss.

The main goal of a bounty campaign is to attract investors, right?
So why then don't they use any kind of referral links to know for sure which bounty participant brought more investors to the project? And then they could reward all the participants according to this information?

For example, let's take a Youtube campaign. A video that has only 100 views will be rejected in most campaigns and video with 1000 views will be accepted. But what if it was 100 views video that attracted at least one investor and 1000 views video attracted none?

The same with signature campaigns. You may be a Hero with shitposts which are not read by anyone, and you can also write great posts as a Junior, that will be catchy and thus will draw readers' attention to your signature. But still Hero will receive way more.

I don't say that it is unfair and should be changed, I just wonder, why the system of referral links is not used here? I'm so used to it, because it is everywhere on the Internet, it is used by each platform that wants to get traffic and reward its bringer. But not in bounties, why? Or maybe I'm mistaken about bounties' main goal?
Pages:
Jump to: