Pages:
Author

Topic: Why dont the AURORA Coin team just use BITCOIN? - page 2. (Read 2131 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is proven, and works.   

Couldn't the team accomplish the same goal by taking up a collection, and doing a bitcoin "drop"?

The trust issue would still be at least the same, but they would be on a proven platform.  Or they could use an escrow service (although I understand they prefer not to)

Thoughts?

and what would you believe would be the amount of BTC per citizen of Iceland should get? It sure as hell wouldn't be the 31.8 AUR that the dev is claiming to release to each citizen. That would be like giving $18K USD per citizen. That would be like $190 billion in USD valued in BTC given to the Icelandic citizens..

I imagine that would spur a immigration spike to those wanting to move to Iceland for some serious money...

With AUR, if the price was driven up to about .135 BTC, times 31.8, that would be about $2700 in BTC at the current exchange rate.. They could either cash it in for fiat or exchange their AUR for BTC and hold onto them..

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
If they currently have laws on bitcoin,  is it likely that they would impose laws on Aurora coin? 

Or is there some fundamental difference that I am missing?
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
The answer is no.

1)Bitcoin is currently owned by a very small percent of people (50% are beeing owned by 1000 people)  there is no reason for Icelanders to pay for them because they were first if they can make their own coin

2) Icelanders are currently not allowed to purchase bitcoins due to laws. but they are allowed to be given them for free.
Additionally they would have more services,  tools and liquidity available to them with bitcoin.   

If they have a population of 300k,   Aurora coin might face liquidity issues.

Bitcoin is proven, and works.   

Couldn't the team accomplish the same goal by taking up a collection, and doing a bitcoin "drop"?

The trust issue would still be at least the same, but they would be on a proven platform.  Or they could use an escrow service (although I understand they prefer not to)

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: