Pages:
Author

Topic: Why don't we literally send Bitcoin to the moon? - page 3. (Read 842 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 3
For real? Nah.

People are collecting and investing their bitcoins so who will start that thing? for sure no one will shows up in behalf of the users of this coin I guess. There are some other ways to use and less expensive than you are thinking or imagining, there is ads thru internet where we can use to advertise and many people can see it.

Maybe bitcoin need to have strong foundation to start a rocket ship, formalize its system but thinking its decentralized uhmmm  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes never mind.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
Ehh. I don't really think we need that more advertising. Especially through a rocket? That's most likely going to fly from the United States? majority of the people have heard of Bitcoin already anyway. It's definitely not the best way to spend the money. I'd rather use that money to fund Lightning Labs[1] and Chaincode Labs[2] to be honest.

We need more development for better and easier adoption, not marketing.

[1] https://chaincode.com/
[2] https://lightning.engineering/
Activity: 2870
Merit: 642
How?

Who will offer their money to be sacrificed for this advertisement?
Donation maybe?
No one owns bitcoin and there is no company behind it.
We are all the company. So the only way is for us to donate to make this happen.
If it isn't possible then we just leave it to the internet to spread the good news.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
These are some fictitious ideas I have in mind though could be done soon with the slightest possibility, what can you say?

Bitcoin is a decentralized network and there is no marketing agency for it, if any such ads is to be run, it would have to be done by private individuals.
The to the moon concept is pretty cool, but true adoption would be achieved when people can make day to day payments using Bitcoin, and more merchants begin to accept it as a currency. Introducing it in your local stores and suggesting it as a payment method would go a long way, if the cost of launching an ad to the moon was invested in Bitcoin ATMs globally, people would be able to acquire bitcoins more easily.
An ad would create hype around it, buy would not do much to facilitate adoption imo.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
Referral marketing, Youtube ads, Google ads are more effective imo. And it's cheaper than sending a rocket with bitcoin logo planted in it. I'd rather spend that money on development instead.

And btw, more and more people are interested in bitcoin due to social media, that's going to progress slowly but surely. I don't think marketing just for the sake to get people to know there's something called 'bitcoin' is worth it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 364
In Code We Trust
I've been fond of watching rocket launching especially by SpaceX projects and I've think about the concept of advertising using rockets. There comes an idea that what if, we literally launch bitcoin to the moon?

Space advertising is the use of advertising in outer space or related to space flight. While there have only been a few examples of successful marketing campaigns, there have been several proposals to advertise in space, some even planning to launch giant billboards visible from the Earth. Obtrusive space advertising is the term used for such ventures.

I've did a bit of a search about this, and found out that there are already some attempts of space rocket advertisement by NASA as show in the photos below:

here's my idea/design:
"To the Moon"

Unfortunately, NASA and the Government isn't allowing any further commercial advertisement according to their NASA Regulations for Advertising Requests

As a government agency, NASA will not promote or endorse or appear to promote or endorse a commercial product, service, or activity. Therefore, there are strict limits placed on the use of any of the NASA identities and emblem imagery in advertisements.

Though, with private space companies, there might be a chance for this to happen. I'm quite convinced that having this kind of advertisement with bitcoin could increase bitcoin adoption all over the world. And whenever a private company allows space ads, we can now start bringing bitcoin to the moon through space rockets and by creating high powered laser with lights pointed towards it.

These are some fictitious ideas I have in mind though could be done soon with the slightest possibility, what can you say?
Pages:
Jump to: