Pages:
Author

Topic: Why dump traditional payment options for Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 1285 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
What other reasons will you add to this, to convince someone to dump their current payment methods?
there's no good reason for that... why abandon everything and go for bitcoin? other payment methods always existed and they will never die.
i do believe bitcoin is, by far, the best investment right now. but as a payment method still not good, so why do that?

maybe after thunder network...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Everything has your own demons...

It's cheaper? Can you imagine the fee's with the 1mb if a lot of people start to use?

It's faster in somethings and slower in others...

"It's free"... It's money, money isn't free.. (internet/cellphone/pc isn't free)

Global - ok
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
The fact that you could create an unlimited number of addresses to receive funds without the need of providing any real information's (ID , passport or Residence) makes it a great alternative , another thing would be not having to deal with BS of PayPal or payment methods ...such as connecting into your account using a VPN and getting your money frozen and account limited... you also don't have to worry about chargebacks for 180 days after selling your goods to someone .
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
I had a interesting discussion with a bunch of students from a 1st world country over the weekend. They made some good arguments,

which needs to be addressed. Political views aside, what would motivate people to use Bitcoin in a country where there are loads of

other payment methods to chose from?

Some reasons I gave them was :

~ Danger of centralization and all the evils associated with that.
~ It's cheaper
~ It's faster {should be under normal circumstances}
~ It's FREE to use by everyone {no permission needed}
~ It's global

What other reasons will you add to this, to convince someone to dump their current payment methods?
Pages:
Jump to: