Pages:
Author

Topic: Why economists say Bitcoin a bubble - page 3. (Read 3880 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 08:51:38 AM
I believe that if the currency, for example, is provided by the economy of the country, then bitcoin is not provided. That is, it is likely that it can be a soap bubble in terms of value, which sooner or later burst. Undecided
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
December 06, 2017, 08:15:55 AM
I talk to big economists they say Is only a Bubble my thought Is no bitcoin Is revolution of economy even doesnt have a background like gold the value Is power of the people what do you think?

A bubble is a bubble when something is overbought, it is that simple. Is bitcoin overbought right now?
With a supply of 21 million (not considering lost BTCs), with all the brightest minds working on it, with the strongest network, and with a marketcap that is still very small compared to what a global 24/7 market like bitcoin is could deliver.... then no, I don't think we are anywhere near a bubble. Corrections will come and go, that doesn't mean we were in a bubble.
whos that BIG ECONOMISTs?and what economy they are stands for?specific country?(ofcourse its impossible that you have talked to world economist with an S)most of the time those what we called economist only favor for what interested them.they are really not for the peoples concerns but for the concern pabor to them.
All the so called economists that are busy saying all these stuffs are just some set of talkative as far as I am concerned. The only explanation I can give is that they have no idea what they are saying or they are just some self-proclaimed economists with no sense at all. I care less whatever they say just like you have said and anyone that wants to take their word for it, then that is their business.
I believe the reason they are saying all these things about Bitcoin being a bubble is because of the fact that it is believed that Bitcoin is moved by Investment and that it needs correction. They believe that whenever people decide to withdraw their profit, which they might do, that their no so called bubble will burst.

I pray that even such thing happens, everyone should not give up hope, but should see it as another chance, and keep on investing no matter what.
Activity: 139
Merit: 11
December 05, 2017, 03:23:42 AM
Well a bubble is something that might be came from a source and then will become larger and larger from being a small one. After that, it might get larger again and when there will be a time that it will be pop out and will disappear. That is why they compare it to a bubble, we can't predict that it might get lost someday. Yes it is getting bigger but the threat of it, is it might disappear.
Activity: 452
Merit: 101
December 05, 2017, 03:20:33 AM
Probably they consider the current increasing price of bitcoin is only result of excessive enthusiasm. I think its not like that, bitcoin halving and the limitation of its amount makes the increasing demand of bitcoin influence much on btcoin price. I think they have to reconsiders their state.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 03:16:11 AM
I talk to big economists they say Is only a Bubble my thought Is no bitcoin Is revolution of economy even doesnt have a background like gold the value Is power of the people what do you think?

A bubble is a bubble when something is overbought, it is that simple. Is bitcoin overbought right now?
With a supply of 21 million (not considering lost BTCs), with all the brightest minds working on it, with the strongest network, and with a marketcap that is still very small compared to what a global 24/7 market like bitcoin is could deliver.... then no, I don't think we are anywhere near a bubble. Corrections will come and go, that doesn't mean we were in a bubble.
whos that BIG ECONOMISTs?and what economy they are stands for?specific country?(ofcourse its impossible that you have talked to world economist with an S)most of the time those what we called economist only favor for what interested them.they are really not for the peoples concerns but for the concern pabor to them.
That is what they have always wanted anyway. Raise FUDs from their nonsensical speculations and when the naïve and gullible ones drop what they are holding at a lower price, they buy. They are just trying to tap from the profit of the market and which is why they are busy calling it whatever name they like. These are the same guys that have always been known to always manipulate their way, so I am not surprised.
I think that there is nothing to be outraged in this matter, because almost always trading on the exchange was based on the fact that they are sold at a lower price, while others are buying. The fact is that all means to achieve the goal are good so manipulation will always be carried out by speculators.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
December 05, 2017, 01:48:26 AM

That is what they have always wanted anyway. Raise FUDs from their nonsensical speculations and when the naïve and gullible ones drop what they are holding at a lower price, they buy. They are just trying to tap from the profit of the market and which is why they are busy calling it whatever name they like. These are the same guys that have always been known to always manipulate their way, so I am not surprised.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
December 04, 2017, 06:29:40 AM

All the so called economists that are busy saying all these stuffs are just some set of talkative as far as I am concerned. The only explanation I can give is that they have no idea what they are saying or they are just some self-proclaimed economists with no sense at all. I care less whatever they say just like you have said and anyone that wants to take their word for it, then that is their business.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 02, 2017, 12:31:27 PM
I guess, they choose the word bubble, since it has no definite amount due to increase and decrease of its amount time to time.
We cannot guarantee bitcoin surges all the time, which means at any moment based on outside factors from environmental aspects and issues  like an instance, of banning cryptocurrencies in a certain nation which significantly slow down its value, The value are constantly fluctuating.
Activity: 182
Merit: 147
December 02, 2017, 12:12:56 PM
I think that economist are considering Bitcoin as a bubble because of it's volatility. Since Bitcoin value only depends on the demand of the market which is mostly played by big players of the cryptocurrency platform, their only goal is to create profit from their created price movement which affects the image of Bitcoin. Also the price of Bitcoin does not have a fair market value which is one of the indicators that Bitcoin is classified as a bubble.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
December 02, 2017, 10:30:37 AM
Seriously, those economist need to broaden their horizon when it comes to this industry. Maybe they are reacting that way because it does not fit their preference.
They generally react that way because they don't understand what Bitcoin is about. They aren't trained to understand it, which is why they compare it to tulips and other bullshit. The Economists that I know that actually studied Mathematics as well do understand Bitcoin and other cryptos quite well and are actually fully behind them.

It's always the verbal diarrhea type of Economists that speak out against it.
This is very true on which those people aren't really familiar with bitcoin and they are really very curios regarding on its growth in a short period of years and they didn't really expect to happen that it did grow up even more on the assets and stocks that they do commonly traded off and invest off.For now they see this new thing which would really make them curios and most of them do really have negative words on it that it is a bubble or whatsoever but yet bitcoin community would really still stand strong regarding on this one.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
December 02, 2017, 10:18:54 AM
Seriously, those economist need to broaden their horizon when it comes to this industry. Maybe they are reacting that way because it does not fit their preference.
They generally react that way because they don't understand what Bitcoin is about. They aren't trained to understand it, which is why they compare it to tulips and other bullshit. The Economists that I know that actually studied Mathematics as well do understand Bitcoin and other cryptos quite well and are actually fully behind them.

It's always the verbal diarrhea type of Economists that speak out against it.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 08:09:51 AM
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
December 01, 2017, 12:04:48 PM
their words have some truth...because no one can guarantee that bitcoin will live long...but we have our own head on our shoulders...we need to consider all options

As far as I know, the last bitcoin that could be mined is around year 2140 so its forever because bitcoin has a cap of 21M only. But it is still long and I don't think that everyone here is still alive by the time the last bitcoin is mined. As for the economist calling it a bubble, they don't have a idea how bitcoin works, how it gained trust by a lot of people and how people are buying something that is purely based on speculation. So for them, it defy the every economic laws or theory out there. A good example is how bitcoin growth in this year alone. What 900% or more? That's unheard of.  And as long as bitcoin price continue to climb, make corrections along the way, they will gonna call it a bubble.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
December 01, 2017, 11:14:50 AM
their words have some truth...because no one can guarantee that bitcoin will live long...but we have our own head on our shoulders...we need to consider all options
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
November 30, 2017, 08:12:16 AM

Indeed, it's not overbought because, people investing their own funds to buy this cryptocurrency and live market which is having live traders proves that the price trully right and people paying this amount for cryptocurencies
If crypto does not have any value at all, then we could have as well just considered it a bubble and most people are just getting in to rake a lot from the demand.

Most of these so called economists do not even understand how crypto works and then they go to the media to spew the rubbish their head tells them to spew and at the end go to the back to buy in once they are able to mislead their dumb followers.
I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of them were paid to shill or shilling in their own interest either.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
November 30, 2017, 12:10:57 AM

Indeed, it's not overbought because, people investing their own funds to buy this cryptocurrency and live market which is having live traders proves that the price trully right and people paying this amount for cryptocurencies
If crypto does not have any value at all, then we could have as well just considered it a bubble and most people are just getting in to rake a lot from the demand.

Most of these so called economists do not even understand how crypto works and then they go to the media to spew the rubbish their head tells them to spew and at the end go to the back to buy in once they are able to mislead their dumb followers.
Activity: 851
Merit: 254
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
November 25, 2017, 06:41:12 PM
you can give economist some bucks, and they will say what you want, not all, but their opinion can affect people to use bitcoin.  Grin
wanna learn bitcoin value, you must jump in there, not only fake theory..  Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
November 25, 2017, 03:06:45 PM
rich people dont want to see other people gaining money that fast as they gave all their time and investment on FIAT just to get on their spot now , and having bitcoin people are easily coping and earning ..
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 25, 2017, 03:00:28 PM

Agreed, economists mention the liquidity without any proper backing similar to the gold or other stocks to be an major factor to consider it an bubble. Though it has been under review for etf and upon other live trades similar to stocks, there are groups that were not in  state to accept it.
We should also remeber the global interest from people, traders, people who are using bitcoin to transfer, miners etc That interest also make the value for bitcoin, make it special as a currency and people consider it like a real valuable method of transfering values
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
November 25, 2017, 10:35:19 AM
These economists just want attract attention. Bitcoin in future will become same official currency as many others. Bitcoin of course can explode I agree with this, but for it is necessary that all investors will withdraw money simultaneously, but this will never happen. Even if bitcoin will explode, it will still have value.
Pages:
Jump to: