Pages:
Author

Topic: Why endless supply will make Dogecoin worthless - page 3. (Read 6676 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Except it'll be more expensive because of electricity to mine for a small timer than their profits. Just like Bitcoin. At 10,000 coins per minute, the big boys will take nearly everything.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
That said,it has very good publicity going for it.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I don't understand, that the price is rising atm?

It has today the best performence of the 30 big coins.

two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity

And now doge

<.<

>.>
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity
Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
dogecoin is a joke , everyone knows that .
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Now that Dogecoin is endless and infinite, it's inevitable that this will depress the price to near worthlessness.

Why?

Simple- there's no reason to BUY dogecoin anymore. Just mine it. You can always mine it. No matter how slow your hashing equipment is, EVENTUALLY you will be able to mine the same amount of Dogecoin that you  might have otherwise bought. The speculative skyrocket price of bitcoin is based on the known factor that eventually there will be no more to mine and that it's getting ever increasingly difficult to mine. With Dogecoin there is infinite supply, so there is no need to speculatively hold coins, so no need to push the price up dramatically. Just slowly accumulate if you really want to hold them, there will always be more coins so there is no artificial impetus to fight over the coins in a free market.

With dogecoin, patience is now your friend rather than enemy. If you just wait, even with your little GPU video card, eventually you will have mined the same amount that you could have purchased. Enormous mining centers have no need to rush to invest in dogecoin mining now- they can take their time and enter the market whenever they want. There is no rush or pressing need to enter the market now. The payout is the same, now or later. No difference. You might argue, as dogecoin gets harder to mine that should be an incentive- true, but it's a much smaller incentive then "if we wait too long there will be none left!". It's also a less certain incentive. Dogecoin might go up in value, but if the supply is going up as well, a mining firm that's making cost estimates, doesn't need to take into account "might go up in value", it only needs to figure out how much it's worth right now, because mining it will only be a factor of how much it's worth to mine it right now, since the reward continues forever.

With bitcoin, there is a paranoia about waiting too long- getting into the game, too late. You have to mine now while the difficulty is still below a trillion! You have to buy now before the price is below a million! You have to accumulate and hoard and fight over coins while you still can!

Dogecoin has sealed it's own fate in the marketplace and will eventually I suspect, trend to a number equal to it's actually right-now utility (which might be zero). There's no reason for the price to be influenced by any sort of long term speculation.
Pages:
Jump to: