Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Ethereum is garbage and must be stopped - page 3. (Read 11286 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We who are about to Mine, Salute You!
January 25, 2014, 08:17:15 PM
What do you expect from Banksters!!! and they think the sheeple fools will fall over themselves to get in  and sadly some will.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
January 25, 2014, 08:09:04 PM
I'm not so sure about this.

- They are asking an insane 30k BTC

- 50% pre mined

- They are setting a price out of nothing for 1 eth, while it's not even out yet

- "ex" Goldman Sachs pricks are supporting this project

aaand probably other red flags i'm not aware of.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We who are about to Mine, Salute You!
January 25, 2014, 08:01:47 PM
Goldman Sachs?  Are you serious

Accompanying the previous point, we have alleged Goldman Sachs involvement:  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431938.0

All altcoins were and are are about one thing and one thing only = sell "air" for bitcoins. Much cheaper
than getting them some other way. Much better than buying a lot of them and thus increasing the price
and revealing your moves and intentions.

In the end, the most cryptocoiners will be left with worthless crap, some altcoin value of which will be
nulled overnight.

I disagree!! BTC & all altcoins are air ( as you call them ) but none are backed "by debt only" which gives  them more value than FIAT Currency in a free market! So just under 1000 people/corporations/banks already own over 50% of all the BTC mined to date, so they can pump and dump on a whim and win on both the up and down moves ( Just like the rigged stockmarket, Bondmarket, Derivativemarket ) which will all come crashing down later this year or next maybe. Now a 12 year old can launch his/her own coin for $100 and give it a crap name and maybe make a buck but the FREE Market will decide what coins hold real value! and that's the way it should be!!  
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 25, 2014, 05:04:04 PM
I admit that it's as iffy as it gets, but does that mean there isn't a lot of money to be made? No. Just like with altcoins, there are winners and there are losers. Smart people will know a get-rich-quick scheme when they see one, and they'll use it to their advantage.

There is a pecking order to these things, and if I've learned anything, there's Ponzi schemes, Ponzi players and Ponzi suckers.

Show me an IPO that's really any different.

What would really suck is if this thing actually took off.

It very well could be. It does have to be fair to be successful. This just another way for smart people to get richer, and not-so-smart people to get poorer. No different than hundreds of schemes like it. It's already Beyond the means of your average crypto enthusiast. This is solely for people with big money and big ideas.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 25, 2014, 04:59:36 PM
Ethereum sucks i agree, too much greed by the owners. But it has nothing to do with Invictus, Invictus is doing really well btw.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
January 25, 2014, 04:55:58 PM
Don't understand your point. What you want to say?
If you don't like Ethereum/MasterCoin/Nxt/ProtoShares/BitShares or any other crowd sourcing like projects, simply stay away.

If you want to say something about it, please make it clear.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
January 25, 2014, 04:30:10 PM
Double post
Pages:
Jump to: