Pages:
Author

Topic: Why everyone keeps selling their long waited ASICMINER USB? - page 3. (Read 4352 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
a lot of people keep buying them, because they get nearly twice of their purchase price on ebay. Why should they wait for a ROI with 330 Mh/s? By selling them in auctions, the profit will be much higher than mining them a year!

Facepalm! I've been wondering about this myself, but this just hits it on the nail. Like buying overpriced beads, shipping them across the ocean, then selling them to the natives at twice the price. Good trick while it works, but don't get left holding the baby.

BTW What ROI? Forever is a long, long time.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Because people think the ROI should be few weeks, not months (or a year or two?) around here.

That gravy train is over.  Lol internet.

Well that and you can sell them for more than they initially paid for them.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
a lot of people keep buying them, because they get nearly twice of their purchase price on ebay. Why should they wait for a ROI with 330 Mh/s? By selling them in auctions, the profit will be much higher than mining them a year!
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
I'm not sure why people bought them up in the first place, they cost the same as a half decent graphics card, they hash about as much, but have no real resell value, it's only the fact that they're USB and lower power consumption that they're worth while, for me they're worth nothing as I mine electricity cost free, I liked the idea of being able to just put loads attached to one machine though.
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
guess they just wanted short term profit or expect the network difficulty to get to high...
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Because people think the ROI should be few weeks, not months (or a year or two?) around here.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
Bought, tested and saw, that they don't make the money they have expected - now selling?
I mean, everybody has some USB ports available and 333MHz should return the investment quick esp with that powerconsumption. Why selling instead of mining?
Pages:
Jump to: