Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Exchange Run ICOs may be a bad idea - page 3. (Read 338 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
January 30, 2019, 03:01:57 PM
So we all witnessed the first major exchange-run tokensale, the BTT tokensale at Binance. Binance has decided to list tomorrow and looking at the sentiments around the reply given, it may not be a good idea for future projects.

Many of CT believe it's just a mere manipulation by whales since they'll always by first. The BTT tokensale had just about 1000 buyers and people think that's where great manipulation will come from.
So how does this determine the future of other similar projects. Now, let's wait to see if it'll be a pump/dump scheme so that we can better conclude.

source: https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1090572501476765697
I just now learn about that ICOs were run by binance but i don't think it is a good idea unless they know those projects have some good future and find value for the tokens because of they run a failed ICO means their reputation will be disturbed and why they are doing this when they are at most preferred exchange by traders.
Activity: 458
Merit: 112
January 30, 2019, 02:57:31 PM
Binance will have the demand as long as it is running on their own exchange.
People will seek the 50 percent off from their transaction fees on using like BNB.
That 50 percent s really huge if we are talking about the number of tokens to be transact especially if you are doing daytrade.
This will help the coin to have the demand.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
January 30, 2019, 02:55:39 PM
So we all witnessed the first major exchange-run tokensale, the BTT tokensale at Binance. Binance has decided to list tomorrow and looking at the sentiments around the reply given, it may not be a good idea for future projects.

Many of CT believe it's just a mere manipulation by whales since they'll always by first. The BTT tokensale had just about 1000 buyers and people think that's where great manipulation will come from.
So how does this determine the future of other similar projects. Now, let's wait to see if it'll be a pump/dump scheme so that we can better conclude.

Binance will eventually destroy their reputation altogether through these types of events. The damage has already been done, and Binance is receiving a lot of backlash (from general discussions) because of this event, it's also depicted on the markets btw. When investors/crypto enthusiasts dislike certain actions and become vocal about it; that's how companies rise and fall in crypto very quickly. Especially with centralized and monopolistic enterprises taking advantage of their platform to promote and sell a new shitcoin.

Lets not forget CZ's remarks after Cryptopia hack, Binance has done a lot of damage to themselves over the past month. No one will remember the other extraordinary events/actions Binance has and is taking, the only things that matter are the mistakes and failures.
Activity: 882
Merit: 254
January 30, 2019, 01:53:10 PM
I can see from a whole total perspective, i think th Binance move was total bullshit doing this " ICO platform ", it's like they wanna dominate the cryptosphere for themselves, so any ICO that gets there will get so hyped eventually, why? because it's on " Binance ICO Platform ".

I guess there is already working platform for ICO money raising a stuff like that, it's still doing it through some exchange & i can see this a whole BUSINESS, the bad type of business one chasing money wherever it is.

Binance is looking for any other kind of gathering money in this cryptosphere because of this bear market, it's not a shame to chase money, but been such greedy, i won't be surprising seeing them doing another platform for ICO review too, or a DEX too... !!!

This is going out of hand actually, as the ICO been done there will be listed in Binance eventually because BTT will be trading in there tomorrow January 31-201), imagine that !!!

I don't like this Monopoly Kind of strategy, crypto is already screwed thanks to this Monopoly of BTC & major cryptos out there where good crypto projects have 0 chances to compete with them.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
January 30, 2019, 12:34:46 PM
You'd be lucky to have bought the first, did they offer bonus to the very first few who bought the tokens?
I'm not a fan of bittorrent but if it was piratebay who released tokens, I'm probably the first to list in the whitelist.

I think it will be a place for the Whales to manipulate prices. and those who will suffer are the givers in the exchange later. there will be a dump and pump during the initial weeks of the coin listing

Pump and dump always happen in every coin even with BTC. There are just traders with lots of money to spend who already aimed higher.

Activity: 882
Merit: 11
Volare.network
January 30, 2019, 12:20:03 PM

I think it will be a place for the Whales to manipulate prices. and those who will suffer are the givers in the exchange later. there will be a dump and pump during the initial weeks of the coin listing
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
January 30, 2019, 12:16:38 PM
if there were only a 1000 buyers, was there strict limits (for some reason)?
if anyone was allowed to contribute (almost) any amount, it seems like it should work out great, with a lot of people participating.. why not?
It seems like binance is not putting any limitation to how much someone able to buy BTT. It looks like they are only accepting the big whales that can be considered as accredited investors only. that makes sense 1k buyers acquired all of BTT on binance.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
January 30, 2019, 11:22:15 AM
if there were only a 1000 buyers, was there strict limits (for some reason)?
if anyone was allowed to contribute (almost) any amount, it seems like it should work out great, with a lot of people participating.. why not?
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
January 30, 2019, 11:13:32 AM

Pages:
Jump to: