Pages:
Author

Topic: Why has bitcoin price not been moving? - page 2. (Read 2235 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Its moving and its moving down, may be in few days its price will regain a higher value. It may be primarily due to increasing number of altcoins. If there were no altcoins, price might have risen considerably. Bitcoin still is king and will be king forever .
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
I personally think we're seeing an accumulation phase before a trend reversal.

Agree, I myself has been accumulating.
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
I personally think we're seeing an accumulation phase before a trend reversal.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Price not moving is actually a good thing. Bitcoin may be used more, if it weren't so volatile.
Volatility scares the shit out of people, which is why merchants prefer to convert their bitcoins immediately.
I prefer stable prices, I mean rather than the price down would be better if stable .. would be better if the price moves up and stable
legendary
Activity: 1232
Price not moving is actually a good thing. Bitcoin may be used more, if it weren't so volatile.
Volatility scares the shit out of people, which is why merchants prefer to convert their bitcoins immediately.
legendary
Activity: 896
people are soo focused on the price swings that they completely go into panic mode when the price doesn't move. relax. price will move once there is reason for it to move.
and what can you call a reason for it to move? interest in bitcoin is growing and growing but its price is the same or falls

traders are waiting for real news. something like seeing bitcoin being tradable at wallstreet. or amazon accepting bitcoin directly. most money is being invested in startups. not in bitcoin itself.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
I expect there are quite a lot of buying support these days that despite all the fud and lies spreading around about an imminent crash, people are generally still unperturbed. And somehow the buying managed to keep the price stagnant at the same level that whatever new supply getting thrown to the market, it was bought up immediately. Further few months down the road should be exciting. I don't expect a crash anytime soon with all the hype surrounding the halving next year. 
I think the halving could trigger a pump and dump cycle based on simply speculation and hype around the date, with a recovery following quickly after the pump, which would leave out a lot of people out of the game since im sure a lot will not buy back.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
people are soo focused on the price swings that they completely go into panic mode when the price doesn't move. relax. price will move once there is reason for it to move.
and what can you call a reason for it to move? interest in bitcoin is growing and growing but its price is the same or falls
legendary
Activity: 896
legendary
Activity: 1218
agreed guys the prices have recivered all the way to $246 over Sad and show no signs of stopping and im hoping this isnt just another pump Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

The influx of VC money to the Bitcoinsphere is almost out-of-whack with the current valuation of the coin. A few explanations come to mind (none to all of them may be correct):

- VC's are stupid
- the gov/banks are behind all of it and want to destroy the coin, and it's not a big deal how many dollars they must create to accomplish it
- the above, except they are not necessary up to killing it, just gaining a stranglehold as they did with gold and morphed it into fiat in a century-long process in 1871-1971
- The valuation is low and the people in-the-know see a good chance of reigniting the mania, gaining their investments back nicely
- The valuation is kept low by hook and crook, the infrastructure is being built, and also massive amounts of physical bitcoins acquired by the key players in the period of public insecurity

If I had this information and had cash, diversifying into bitcoins now woudl be a prudent action. Don't buy too much, and please remember to think through the storage arrangements, preferably diversifying that as well if the sum is non-trivial.

I think rpietila's thoughts fit perfect here.
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I expect there are quite a lot of buying support these days that despite all the fud and lies spreading around about an imminent crash, people are generally still unperturbed. And somehow the buying managed to keep the price stagnant at the same level that whatever new supply getting thrown to the market, it was bought up immediately. Further few months down the road should be exciting. I don't expect a crash anytime soon with all the hype surrounding the halving next year. 
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
BTC-China was leading a decline of today’s price wave to the downside. The decline reversed at $235.02 (Bitfinex) and 1460 CNY (BTC-Cina). Technical analysis looks at the prospects for the coming days, and we examine the lull in Bitcoin price movement during the past few weeks.

Continue here: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-not-moving/

What is your thought about that article? In these days the bitcoin world was 'attacked' with a lot of news but the price is 'locked'.
Pages:
Jump to: