Author

Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash? - page 103. (Read 246148 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
November 06, 2016, 05:47:36 AM
Why have bitcoin instead of real money simply because it is easier to use and more safe than any other bank accounts who steals your money for every transaction plus bitcoin has more value.
Good point that bitcoin is very easier to use for any shopping or for other transaction and i also feel safe and secure with bitcoin and i do not feel worry from thief when i hold my bitcoin in my wallet because bitcoin is very much secure currency than other currency.

that's for sure, not a thief steals your Bitcoin physically. But there is another danger - can in fact crack the wallet. And the worst thing is that the price of Bitcoin may fall.
I think bitcoin wallet security is very strong, never heard anyone got hacked yet, and yes bitcoin price may fall but it also has the chances to up, and i don't think fiat value can increase as much as bitcoin can, so bitcoin is better than cash
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
November 05, 2016, 02:42:23 PM
Portability of btc is way better than cash
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
November 05, 2016, 02:27:27 PM
Why have bitcoin instead of real money simply because it is easier to use and more safe than any other bank accounts who steals your money for every transaction plus bitcoin has more value.
Good point that bitcoin is very easier to use for any shopping or for other transaction and i also feel safe and secure with bitcoin and i do not feel worry from thief when i hold my bitcoin in my wallet because bitcoin is very much secure currency than other currency.

that's for sure, not a thief steals your Bitcoin physically. But there is another danger - can in fact crack the wallet. And the worst thing is that the price of Bitcoin may fall.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
November 05, 2016, 01:54:55 PM
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 05, 2016, 01:42:35 PM
You dont need to provide any personal information for buying bitcoins these days.

I disagree.
Please explain to me how you would go about buying say,
$10,000 worth of Bitcoins right now without providing any personal information on any site.

I would argue that Bitcoin is far from anonymous.
Unless you already have the coins in your possession, and never want to convert them to fiat ever,
at some point you need to tie it to your personal information.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
November 05, 2016, 01:33:17 PM
For me, one of the great advantages is that, besides being used as a fast and safe currency, Bitcoin allows to make profit, being somehow a good investment for the long term.
I think for me bitcoin is still not so safe in my view because i saw many scam site out there and scammers.. because of anonymity but in fast transaction it is a good performance since we can decide if we want fast transaction or with in 25 blocks according to your speed you want..
And the other benefits year it is good for investment for long term since we already experience of price increase..
Activity: 672
November 05, 2016, 01:17:15 PM
Bitcoin is much safer and now also very easy to store. You can be robbed of cash, and that is not okay.
Bitcoin wallets are also excellent to use, and that is also critical for Bitcoin. And it is also free, so that is magnificent.

The best part of bitcoin is its anonymity, that even if you have millions of dollars no one would even come to know about it unless you tell someone yourself but if you have cash then they can be a threat for you in the world as anyone can try blackmailing you or doing something like that to get your money.

Methinks, if you have millions of dollars you could hardly remain anonymous even if you decided to enter Bitcoin with all your money up to the hilt. And it is not so much about keeping anonymity while having thousands of bitcoins, which is debatable itself, as spending these millions of dollars without leaving a trace when buying bitcoins, which is not very likely even if your millions are pure cash.

Having thousands of bitcoins is not my point, my point is that if you convert the money you have in fiat to bitcoin and keep them in a wallet, even you could use a mixer for not letting anyone get to them and then keep them in a new wallet, how come would someone come to know that those bitcoins belong to you? You dont need to provide any personal information for buying bitcoins these days.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
November 05, 2016, 11:32:12 AM
For me, one of the great advantages is that, besides being used as a fast and safe currency, Bitcoin allows to make profit, being somehow a good investment for the long term.
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
November 05, 2016, 04:25:56 AM
Bitcoin is much safer and now also very easy to store. You can be robbed of cash, and that is not okay.
Bitcoin wallets are also excellent to use, and that is also critical for Bitcoin. And it is also free, so that is magnificent.

The best part of bitcoin is its anonymity, that even if you have millions of dollars no one would even come to know about it unless you tell someone yourself but if you have cash then they can be a threat for you in the world as anyone can try blackmailing you or doing something like that to get your money.

Methinks, if you have millions of dollars you could hardly remain anonymous even if you decided to enter Bitcoin with all your money up to the hilt. And it is not so much about keeping anonymity while having thousands of bitcoins, which is debatable itself, as spending these millions of dollars without leaving a trace when buying bitcoins, which is not very likely even if your millions are pure cash.
Actually bitcoin is more favorable to the rich so the government will not notice their spending or transaction using their money, when using cash the eyes of the government from the big spender is very hot due to the tax collectibles, in bitcoin there is no problem as there is no tax at all.
Because they are free to use it in illegal activities or having fun in the internet like gambling, with bitcoin they have more freedom to spend their money in the internet and that's make them more satisfied for having a financial freedom. With bitcoin, there's no limitation at all.

I agree. Bitcoin gives alot of freedom compared to using fiat currency. Bitcoin users are more free to move in the internet than using credit cards which can be stolen easily when used online and also you have to disclose your identity. In Bitcoin, you stay anonymous and transactions are not very limited.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
November 04, 2016, 11:04:50 PM

Actually bitcoin is more favorable to the rich so the government will not notice their spending or transaction using their money, when using cash the eyes of the government from the big spender is very hot due to the tax collectibles, in bitcoin there is no problem as there is no tax at all.
Because they are free to use it in illegal activities or having fun in the internet like gambling, with bitcoin they have more freedom to spend their money in the internet and that's make them more satisfied for having a financial freedom. With bitcoin, there's no limitation at all.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
November 04, 2016, 09:51:28 PM

Activity: 742
Merit: 526
November 04, 2016, 02:11:58 PM

Activity: 672
November 04, 2016, 11:54:10 AM

Activity: 868
Merit: 535
November 04, 2016, 10:41:24 AM
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
November 04, 2016, 10:33:56 AM
I would like more and more people to be using bitcoin as you don't need to carry it around like regular cash, but it does mean that you need to be more tech savvy than most and teaching the older generations is going to be a tough one.
thats the problem with adoption since more third world country still don't have enough knowledge about this currency so cash will still there option.
I think they have the knowledge already as long as they know how to access the internet. The big problem there is the trust, it is not easy to convince people to use bitcoin and to make this as part of his life.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
November 04, 2016, 03:58:47 AM
I would like more and more people to be using bitcoin as you don't need to carry it around like regular cash, but it does mean that you need to be more tech savvy than most and teaching the older generations is going to be a tough one.
thats the problem with adoption since more third world country still don't have enough knowledge about this currency so cash will still there option.
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
November 04, 2016, 03:48:16 AM

I would also like to Bitcoin began to use everywhere. And for him to have more information, not only on the Internet. This information should be positive and show the advantages Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
November 04, 2016, 01:50:25 AM
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
November 03, 2016, 10:12:32 PM
I wouldn't say it's a question of security. Cash is secure enough if you take care of yourself ^^

It's more that bitcoin has no limit. Cash can be used only face to face and for limited amounts (otherwise it's a crime) whereas bitcin can be used in Australia to send money to the USA. Rather practical no? xD
It's actually depends on the purpose of using the money (Bitcoin and cash). They have can be useful in any transactions however bitcoin is just limited to online transaction as it is primary design for online transaction only. Some people treated bitcoin as an investment, but they cannot treat cash as investment due to inflation.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 03, 2016, 09:31:57 PM
I wouldn't say it's a question of security. Cash is secure enough if you take care of yourself ^^

It's more that bitcoin has no limit. Cash can be used only face to face and for limited amounts (otherwise it's a crime) whereas bitcin can be used in Australia to send money to the USA. Rather practical no? xD
Jump to: