Author

Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash? - page 157. (Read 246148 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 18, 2016, 02:50:58 AM
bitcoin is worthier than cash because it is anonymous, no third party will interrupt user transactions, tax free purchasing, transaction fee is very low and payments can be done via mobile...

I think both bitcoin and cash are really worth, the different is i have cash for real life and i have bitcoin for paying and buying something online. both are worth for me.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
March 18, 2016, 02:36:13 AM
bitcoin is worthier than cash because it is anonymous, no third party will interrupt user transactions, tax free purchasing, transaction fee is very low and payments can be done via mobile...

The above quote was a few options which make bitcoin worthier. Another major reason is cash value is fixed but bitcoin value varies regularly.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
March 18, 2016, 02:01:27 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
March 18, 2016, 12:31:04 AM
Bitcoin is safer than my cash which can easily be stolen as well as fraud cannot be comitted

I would agree with you bro, bitcoin is transperant and very easy to make a trustful transactions among the business world. I think Bitcoin is  the one, Which can do the trustful transaction without making hidden charges.
No need to hold the physical wallet and just we can hold mobile and internet in enough.Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
March 18, 2016, 12:25:06 AM
Bitcoin is safer than my cash which can easily be stolen as well as fraud cannot be comitted
As long as you have a wallet that is stored offline and is basically inaccessible, then I would agree your Bitcoin is safe. Anywhere else, and I would seriously doubt the safety of your Bitcoin.
Activity: 793
Merit: 250
March 17, 2016, 11:18:14 PM
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
March 17, 2016, 11:05:53 PM
I would say it is easier to lose cash from a fire if you hold any under your mattress. I have heard this happen. Why you ask would anybody hold a significant amount of cash in your home? To not let the government know how much you have if it was held in the bank. I hear the Chinese immigrants don't like to put their savings in the bank for this sole reason.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
March 17, 2016, 09:54:46 PM
Bitcoin is safer, faster and easier to use "once you get used to it" than cash, I think it will become the new standard of money in the future, electronical money in general is competing seriously with paper money.

We still need to spread a lot of news about bitcoin and its advantages, for people to realize that it is easier to carry a bitcoin than paper money..As we can see, only few stores/shops accepts bitcoin as payment..
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
March 17, 2016, 12:13:22 PM
Bitcoin is safer, faster and easier to use "once you get used to it" than cash, I think it will become the new standard of money in the future, electronical money in general is competing seriously with paper money.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
March 17, 2016, 11:30:05 AM
Bitcoin will be the future money. And that is quite good. I hope that more people will see Bitcoin as their normal money.
But that will take a long time. There are many people that use cash and dont trust Bitcoin, but that must change.
Activity: 238
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 17, 2016, 10:28:16 AM
In a normal day your cash can be stolen to you by criminals that tends to take your cash.
But if you only have bitcoin in your pocket they wont notice that you have a lot of money in your pocket.

technically speaking bitcoin can be stolen too. the only difference is that fiat robbers use a bat or a gun but bitcoin robbers will use viruses and keyloggers to steal your coins.

the only way to prevent any the two is to learn how to protect yourself.

Robbers cant rob you with your bitcoin if they dont know you have a bitcoin at hand lets say on your mobile phone.
That where the 2 factor authentication comes in play so you can safe guard you bitcoin.

Yeah and I don't think that any digital wallet would allow hackers to hack our bitcoins so easily, I mean that is not possible, holding bitcoin is much safer then holding fiat currency.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
March 17, 2016, 09:57:48 AM
In a normal day your cash can be stolen to you by criminals that tends to take your cash.
But if you only have bitcoin in your pocket they wont notice that you have a lot of money in your pocket.

technically speaking bitcoin can be stolen too. the only difference is that fiat robbers use a bat or a gun but bitcoin robbers will use viruses and keyloggers to steal your coins.

Robbers cant rob you with your bitcoin if they dont know you have a bitcoin at hand lets say on your mobile phone.
That where the 2 factor authentication comes in play so you can safe guard you bitcoin.

yes a double factor of authentication could stop every scam attempt for what I know...
Any other ideas to protect coins?
Activity: 168
March 17, 2016, 09:37:56 AM

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
March 17, 2016, 09:19:46 AM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
March 17, 2016, 09:13:01 AM
More advantages of bitcoins over cash are :
- you don’t have to pay taxes on them
-they can't be easily stolen
-no paperwork
-irreversible transactions

yes that's true and that is the reason we are seeing more users entering into bitcoins as they want to take advantages from it and it is always safe to invest your money into it as in future the price would be much higher.
Yes indeed. And it will be the new payment method and that will be very good. I hope that more people will use Bitcoin.
It provide a payment system which is allowed all over the world to any country where internet is available, while in other online payment systems there is a limit of countries for transactions.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
March 17, 2016, 01:30:02 AM
Its a risk free scenario to hold bitcoins in compare to cash, as if you hold cash there are chances that it might get stolen or you get robbed, but with bitcoins you can hold n number of coins in your digital wallet.

even if you hold your coins in your wallet they can get stolen. if your pc is infected with a virus, then your coins can get stolen easily. in order to prevent that, you must use a very strong passhprase and you could also choose to encrypt your wallet files for even more protection. if you do that and keep your pc clean and up to date, then your coins will be more than safe.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
March 17, 2016, 01:23:28 AM

You mean in the wallet.  Grin That could be one good idea to promote bitcoin. Can be a good slogan too.

"Bitcoin: Where your money cannot be stolen physically"  Grin

Great thinking Sir.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2016, 07:09:35 PM
Its a risk free scenario to hold bitcoins in compare to cash, as if you hold cash there are chances that it might get stolen or you get robbed, but with bitcoins you can hold n number of coins in your digital wallet.

Yes and your wealth will be multiplied in future if the price reaches to the moon, with the same number of coins you can expect better returns in future while the value of fiat would be the same in future too.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
March 16, 2016, 05:22:21 PM
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 16, 2016, 03:16:21 PM
I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

i agree that it's really fast and easy to pay with, and small fees, and it is pretty safe too, while you can get more money from it if you keep your coints for while, but i can't agree with legal/illegal price, in lots of countries it's not legal sadly, and it will take years to be legal everywhere

Even if it is illegal people will continue t use it as no one can have control over it and no one would be aware what amount of bitcoins you hold in your digital wallet and that makes if more attractive then normal currency.
Yes, the government is not aware with your money , then you don’t have to pay high taxes and your money is secured in a place from where it is not stolen. We are getting ride of the support of banks.
Jump to: