Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I left BTC - page 3. (Read 3339 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
April 03, 2014, 07:43:38 AM
I waited for several months, following coinmarketcap. I enjoyed watching all developments, and learned that the markets where actually quite predictable. A coin that rose with 1000% was likely to drop far more in just a few days.
So you have made a lot of money when it was predictable. Why do you complain? (no, no market is predictable!)
I never really liked the fact that half of the bitcoins are owned by 100 people. In this way bitcoin is not much different then "real" money, where half of the global money is owned by 100 people.
This just unknown and likely not true. Addresses with big amounts might be a cold storage and belong to many individuals. On the other hand any individual can hold many addresses. And that half of global money (you mean a tiny percetage of all assets and wealth?) is gold by 100 individuals should be false, too.

In stocks I have a few simple rules:
- if a stock drops 10% consider to sell
- if a stock drops 20% consider to sell or have good arguments why not
- if a stock doesn't give you any profit for 3 months it is unlikely it will give you profit over the course of the year, so consider to sell
Or you make the rule, that you buy, when a stock drops by 20% because it likely drops not further.

You just have to evaluate based on your investment horizont (longterm-shortterm) and informations where you invest your money. Are you risk avers? Can you affort to take a high risk? So you have other investments which will maybe with a 20% 10fold?

In my opinion the expected value of one Bitcoin is well above the given price. Something like: 50% it will go down to 10$ and Zero. To 50% it will 10fold. So this is green to hold/buy. I might be wrong but I take the chance!
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
April 03, 2014, 07:38:27 AM

I sold, the value was at that point 670$ I took a loss of 30%.

Good news, you can buy back in today and get 140% of the coin you sold.

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
April 03, 2014, 07:34:00 AM
So, what did you end up buying with your Bitcoin currency OP?

Nothing, ofcourse. He was "investing"... Unless you count the Euros he bought when he sold the BTC.
Why the quotes?
Should I ask you the same question? Huh

How about using bitcoin for what it's useful instead of treating it like a lottery/a cult/a stock? Did that ever cross you mind?
You are ofcourse here because bitcoin will make the world a better place?

Exactly. Glad you understood.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
April 03, 2014, 07:29:18 AM

Nothing, ofcourse. He was "investing"... Unless you count the Euros he bought when he sold the BTC.
Why the quotes?

How about using bitcoin for what it's useful instead of treating it like a lottery/a cult/a stock? Did that ever cross you mind?
You are ofcourse here because bitcoin will make the world a better place?
legendary
April 03, 2014, 07:26:18 AM

Support bitcoin sure, but support it with words not with your children's inheritance.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
April 03, 2014, 07:21:39 AM
You don't get to walk away like this without being reminded that the price is still about 3 times higher than late last year, and many times higher than that compared to a full year ago. You fucked up. This is where we point and laugh and laugh and laugh.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
April 03, 2014, 07:20:27 AM
Activity: 1106
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
April 03, 2014, 07:00:46 AM
Bitcoin is good for trading the volatility. The buy and hodl days are over. You are doing it all wrong.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
April 03, 2014, 06:59:10 AM
I'm gonna go with... because you're a weak hand like all the others jumping ship?

You said it pretty good actually, a lot of people *are* infact jumping ship. Since I bailed out I've seen bitcoin dropping nearly every day, in total now 30%, that shows that there are a lot of people like me making a conscious decision. Don't mistake selling now with failing to make easy money. We sell because we make a decision based on facts, facts that some people here don't want/can't see.
This is no sudden crash prices are dropping slowly, and no new money is coming in with this bad news show going on. People are selling because they see problems popping up for bitcoin on a weekly basis, and it's been a while since there has been any good news.

Just like in any fancy piece of technology the early addopters started to leave so the tech eventually dies out. This happened to the walkman, that got replaced by the ipod, and this will happen to Bitcoin.

So don't be blind to what has been happening the last months, thinking it will go to incredible heights. Support bitcoin sure, but support it with words not with your children's inheritance.

Anyway it's everyone's own choice in the end, but I just want to warn everyone not to stare at bitcoin blindly and rather look at some of the facts.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Professional anarchist
April 03, 2014, 05:08:41 AM
I don't understand the criticism being levelled at speculators.

A significant chunk of Bitcoin's value is driven by speculation. A significant amount of the money made many of us over the last year or two has been because of speculation. If you're happy with speculators buying and driving up the price, you have to be just as happy when they sell.

Side note: Clear a time to buy Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 03, 2014, 04:57:53 AM

Why did you post your speculation thread in the Bitcoin Discussion forum OP?

It seems like it's in correct board now.
Activity: 333
Ants Rock
April 03, 2014, 04:54:22 AM
FeedbackLoop, I don't see him on line, maybe tomorrow he'll show up to comment. Or you could delete this entire thread! I say Buy BTC now and sat on it  Grin   
Activity: 742
April 03, 2014, 04:49:16 AM

Why did you post your speculation thread in the Bitcoin Discussion forum OP?
Activity: 714
April 03, 2014, 04:47:08 AM
So, you are a short-term speculator.
The less of you are in the game, the better it is.
Activity: 342
April 03, 2014, 04:46:45 AM
"I own quite an amount of stocks so I tought it would be interesting to see how bitcoin compares with the stock market."
OK but BITCOIN does not pay dividends.. Smiley
Ants Rock
April 03, 2014, 04:44:13 AM
You're doing it wrong, plain and simple. Don't let the door hit you on your way out, speculator.
I like this Better!  Grin It beats my pics  Smiley LOL
legendary
April 03, 2014, 04:41:38 AM
You're doing it wrong, plain and simple. Don't let the door hit you on your way out, speculator.
Ants Rock
April 03, 2014, 04:40:27 AM
Nah, It's like this,

Hey Babe, How ya doing?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 03, 2014, 04:35:57 AM
... and receive double-blowjobs from supermodels.

How would that work?  The mind boggles (in a good way) Smiley

He might be talking about 2 supermodels at once, or...
Maybe one girl and his "best friend forever"  Shocked
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 03, 2014, 04:32:47 AM
... and receive double-blowjobs from supermodels.

How would that work?  The mind boggles (in a good way) Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: