Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I think the crypto market will be worth about $6 trillion by 2019 - page 3. (Read 591 times)

legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Given the factor that only a small percentage of people knows cryptomarket, there is really a huge chance that it will grow to what OP is thinking, and further more, I believe it will even surpass this market capitalization.  Once country are able to regulate cryptocurrency and had adjusted its banking sytem / finance system to the trend of cryptocurrency, they will adopt it one by one thus creating more market for cryptocurrency.  with this factor alone (government accepting and regulating cryptocurrency) will definitely boost the market cap though, I am a bit hesitant if it will happen this 2019.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
Here's why I think $6 trillion is completely reasonable:
1. Wall Street hasn't jumped in yet.
2. Big business still has its toes in the water.
3. There's widespread and mainstream awareness,  but very little mainstream adoption.
4. We're going to see at least one governments currency collapse soon, with that nation switching to cryptos. That will begin a widespread acceptance of cryptos as legitimate.
5. The trend in the general population is anti central authority aka. big banks, governments, big corporations. Look at brexit, Trump, the rise of nationalism against the EU, etc.  Cryptocurrencies are the embodiment of anti authority and giving the people more control over their wealth.

With so many catalysts, a 10-12x growth for this market is definitely a possibility.

What do you all think?

-
-
-
-
@charteroakpublic
- a Telegram channel dedicated to providing leaks from premium sources like Palm Beach Confidential and more.

Yes and no.

Yes, because the cryptocurrency market is indeed potentially worth that much. It could grow even higher than that. Prices have indeed grown by already more than x10 the past year (2017), so that is something to consider although since indeed there is not even 10% of the population that actually buys and uses crypto, there is indeed a lot of room for growth.

No, because wall street just follows where the money is at. That is not something sustainable. Let's all remember these are the guys that brought us the financial crisis years back. It's not like they are ethical enough to even prevent that from happening again. But let's do hope the new policies and laws around the world would prevent another financial crisis with cryptocurrencies being the "catalyst" for that event.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
3. There's widespread and mainstream awareness,  but very little mainstream adoption.
4. We're going to see at least one governments currency collapse soon, with that nation switching to cryptos. That will begin a widespread acceptance of cryptos as legitimate.
5. The trend in the general population is anti central authority aka. big banks, governments, big corporations. Look at brexit, Trump, the rise of nationalism against the EU, etc.  Cryptocurrencies are the embodiment of anti authority and giving the people more control over their wealth.

With so many catalysts, a 10-12x growth for this market is definitely a possibility.

What do you all think?

-
-
-
-
@charteroakpublic
- a Telegram channel dedicated to providing leaks from premium sources like Palm Beach Confidential and more.
I think your last two points are wrong, your fourth point is something we all know the current system is unsustainable, however the market is not rational if it was all the economy should have collapsed already so I do not know if we are going to see any collapse soon, and your fifth point is mistaken as well, centralization is all over the place but people do not see it, people use Facebook, Google and many other apps that have accesa to all their information and governments are becoming more centralized as well, so I do not see a decentralization trend at all.
Activity: 69
Merit: 3

What do you all think?

-
-
-
-
@charteroakpublic
Pages:
Jump to: