Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is a constant rise in the price of Bitcoin, important? - page 5. (Read 944 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
If bitcoin increases in price, it will be a window of opportunity for potential ico projects as it will be a place for investors to invest enthusiastically in bitcoin pricing to benefit many people who are private bitcoin
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
Because that is the most basic marketing that we can show to the people. IF you want to introduce them to bitcoin - you just have to show the graph indicating how stable the bitcoin goes every year.
Marketing is good but the quality of the product you offer is much more important. The price of bitcoin can not constantly grow so the chart will always be UPS and downs. It seems to me that volatility attracts only speculative capital. It will not make bitcoin popular. It seems to me that price stability will be more preferable quality. This will attract to trade for bitcoin shops and it will make bitcoin more popular than periodic price increases.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Imagine that you bought an apartment on the cheap on some wasteland, where the wolves are howling and bankrupt on cryptocurrency traders. You know that infrastructure will be built around these houses: roads, kindergartens, fitness clubs, shops, a cosmodrome.

Perhaps you will wait until the terrible wasteland will turn into the town of the future of the project. The area will flow people who will be willing to give any money to live here. That's when you sell your apartment. And we all understand that selling it before is a terrible stupidity. You just have to wait.

In the case of bitcoin, in fact, there is no difference. The crypt is not a story about here and now. The crypt is perhaps the best medium-term and long-term investment of all possible. In General need a bit patience. Infrastructure near the house will be built earlier than you think. And there already and move out will not want.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
Because that is the most basic marketing that we can show to the people. IF you want to introduce them to bitcoin - you just have to show the graph indicating how stable the bitcoin goes every year.
Activity: 379
Merit: 100
constant rise of price of bitcoin is important because it will attract more investors.It is important because frankly, many people invested bitcoin because they are expecting good profit.

You are right my friend. If constant rise will become true, everyone who invest in Bitcoin will get good benefits in short time. But it is something unbelievable for nowadays. Reality shows opposite thing to that idea.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
I believe that with the increasing of the demand on a market the price should go up and it would be healthy sign
Yeah, like we had it last year when everything was going rosy until now. There is always that news that would never stop flying around when the market is going in an uptrend for a long time, as that brings about the mindset that the market is really experiencing some massive growth.

This usually tells on a lot of people as they get to either quickly hop in as well, and then before we know it could give rise to FOMO eventually. It is really a healthy sign but in the case where such FOMO arises like I mentioned which may happen for no reason at all, then that becomes unhealthy.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
Let's say you bought a bitcoin for $1000 in January 2018.

So you have to beat inflation and also the performance of other investments to say that your Bitcoin investment was a better investment, than other alternative investments.

Let's say your inflation is 5% and your best return on some other investment is %20 per year, then your Bitcoin price increase will have to be more than %25 to beat the alternative investment.  

Let's say you hoard for 5 years, then you would need a price increase of 125% to beat your alternative investment returns over 5 years.

So we cannot have a price increase of 800% in year 1 and then a price decrease of %400 in year 2 and another price decrease of 200% in year 3 and so on...

Hope you get at what I am saying. Hoarding might be harmful to your profits, if you do not cash out SOME profit on the ATH.  Wink ..... You might end up with a bitcoin worth $100 in year 5.  Roll Eyes
There are many ways of investing and one is that buying the commodity when it is in a low price and sell it at the high price so when in case bitcoin end up having a low price in the year 5 then I would buy some bitcoins to make my average price per bitcoin low and when bitcoin come above my average price then I will sell some coins and live happily.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
Obviously, it is important because at some point those who buy at low really need to wait for the increased. With so many hodlers of Bitcoin waiting for the continuous increased and it really shows why it is so important. Also, for the sake of gaining profits which everyone wanted to.
There is still some level of uncertainty and fear everywhere whether we like it or not, and most long term holders are always looking for a way to be assured that this is still a market that is going good in terms of value based on what they believe.

However, they have forgotten it is a market and things will not always be that way at least not for now when bitcoin is still more of a speculative asset. Nevertheless, the fact remains that it is still doing great and increasing year in year out.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
I am not really sure I get your point here. If you have an initial $1,000 invested, and you get positive returns every year, how can you end with just $100?

I do agree in cashing out from time to time, especially in ATHs.

Yups cashing out from time to time when hype means securing your income and your capital,in this way we can minimize our losses and maximizing our earning

This is what im doing ATH and i believe until now winning is what ive got and no signs of losing if constant
Yeah! I made that mistake last year/ beginning of this year and I am sure not making the mistake again. Until further notice, there will always be a FOMO rise and a bull rally and in a way, that pushed me to learn how to trade both long and short term.

There will always be fluctuations and rise will never be constant just like that. Most times it could be a short term retracement and could be a long term retracement like we are having now, so in that case, it is always good to learn how to utilize those moments for someone's good.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
good topic and explanation. for me any increase in bitcoin price is not important. i prefer bitcoin price to be fixed in a value. so people can shift their investments to alternative coins so demands to altcoins increases. it is very good for all crypto market.
Maybe it's a good idea that btc price will be fixed than seeing it in a downward trend.People will most likely lose their interest in bitcoin if they see its price continue falling and may not recover anymore.It's more good to see if the price continue to increase but this thing is quite impossible.There are really some factors that will appear that will somehow pull down the price gain.
Indeed it is a 50-50 percent chance, but still we are holding unto our faith that it will rise. As you can see in the market mostly people when they see the value of a certain coin goes down most specially bitcoin, they all lose their grips and began to panic, whereas it rises up it will be an uproar and as expected more and more people will indulge.
It is best to not let our emotion to win over our logic because that is the time when we will lose control of our decision making and the panic will lead to disappointment at the end of the days so it is best for us to just be calm and if we have extra money then buy more bitcoin because the price maybe low compare to the price that we bought but we all know that it will go up again.
Activity: 631
Merit: 253
good topic and explanation. for me any increase in bitcoin price is not important. i prefer bitcoin price to be fixed in a value. so people can shift their investments to alternative coins so demands to altcoins increases. it is very good for all crypto market.
Maybe it's a good idea that btc price will be fixed than seeing it in a downward trend.People will most likely lose their interest in bitcoin if they see its price continue falling and may not recover anymore.It's more good to see if the price continue to increase but this thing is quite impossible.There are really some factors that will appear that will somehow pull down the price gain.
Indeed it is a 50-50 percent chance, but still we are holding unto our faith that it will rise. As you can see in the market mostly people when they see the value of a certain coin goes down most specially bitcoin, they all lose their grips and began to panic, whereas it rises up it will be an uproar and as expected more and more people will indulge.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
constant rise of price of bitcoin is important because it will attract more investors.It is important because frankly, many people invested bitcoin because they are expecting good profit.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642

So you have to beat inflation and also the performance of other investments to say that your Bitcoin investment was a better investment, than other alternative investments.

Let's say your inflation is 5% and your best return on some other investment is %20 per year, then your Bitcoin price increase will have to be more than %25 to beat the alternative investment.  

Let's say you hoard for 5 years, then you would need a price increase of 125% to beat your alternative investment returns over 5 years.

So we cannot have a price increase of 800% in year 1 and then a price decrease of %400 in year 2 and another price decrease of 200% in year 3 and so on...

Hope you get at what I am saying. Hoarding might be harmful to your profits, if you do not cash out SOME profit on the ATH.  Wink ..... You might end up with a bitcoin worth $100 in year 5.  Roll Eyes

Good idea. But who knows if that number is the all time high?
We have been in an amount of almost 20k per butcoin and yet a lot of people are making FUD's because they have bought at like 5 digits. They dont know. You cannot blame them too. They are not stupid. Just full of hope.

We can make this kind of analysis once we saw it already. But that is done. Have anyone really withdrawn at that price or just like any that is still looking for more then suddenly regrets came.

I dont think someone could make a perfect trade. It is just pure instinct.
Activity: 616
Merit: 124
Activity: 672
Merit: 271

So your point is that we should not hold Bitcoin for such a long period. I agree with you too. We should cash out some of our profits regularly. Holding is a great option to multiply your wealth. But since crypto market is highly volatile and it price can crash any time due to any factor which affect its price like manipulation, media, government views, demand and supply. If we don’t cash out we will lose all our money when the price crashes.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Many new users are very young and don't have experience with market.
So, they believe that price should rise all the time or something is wrong.
Because of such mentality we have many panic selling when price go down.
Experienced users don't worry about daily btc price because they are here for the long term. 
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
Obviously a constant rise in the price of bitcoin means a constant increase of profits also in our end.And when it happens all investors on bitcoin will become rich or millionaires in just a short period of time.That's why we're keep on hoping and praying that bitcoin will increase gradually to solve our financial needs.
Of course the constant rise has more positive effects for many users than the suddenly pump, not because it gives instant wealth, but all users may benefit equally, no panic selling like when suddenly pump happens, but we know that the price fluctuates so anything can happen

It is always better then the rise is stable and not once all of a sudden. If it is sudden rise it is equal chances that the fall could be drastic than that rise. Thus slowly the rise happen even the resistance levels increases and fall may not be the big and can be contained.

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
It is not important for bitcoin to have a constant rise, the important thing in bitcoin is the development and also the adoption because if there will be adoption and a continuous development then bitcoin price movement will follow to the progress and it will go up to the highest possible price if there will be a good progress for bitcoin.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
Hope you get at what I am saying. Hoarding might be harmful to your profits, if you do not cash out SOME profit on the ATH.  Wink ..... You might end up with a bitcoin worth $100 in year 5.  Roll Eyes
I agree with what you are saying. I remember someone here from the forum said the same thing and that made me realize that I should enjoy and take some profits.

This isn't an investment used to be but to take profits and enjoy during the ATH is what others are forgetting. The fact that everyone is becoming greedier due to the potential that we can see to bitcoin but at the very end of it, we fall. There's nothing wrong in holding but don't forget to take your profit.

This depends upon the goal of an investor on how he/she views the investment whether for short or long-term. I strictly follow my own rule, which is: Never sell your coins to a price below from what you acquired them.
Generally, most investors sell their bitcoins whenever they an opportunity rises- which for example when its price significantly increases/decreases due to its volatility. Currently, its price is sitting around $6,400 which may be the perfect opportunity to acquire more. Some investors might see this phenomenon as "catching a falling knife" but to some, it's an opportunity to earn more income in the future.

The value of bitcoin is driven by multiple factors in the market. I doubt that a revolutionary payment method which is powered by the blockchain technology would fall to a price around $100. No one actually knows but people should always look it on a positive-realistic view- which is to sell/acquire whenever they see a window of opportunity.
Pages:
Jump to: