Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is account showing as empty even after doing a setaccount? - page 2. (Read 2491 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Ouch - was thinking that I must have done something wrong rather than finding bugs in the very first RPC command I tested. Sad

Interestingly the problem only seems to occur for the "sent" tx's as I do see all the account names for the "receive" tx's fine (so perhaps a fix for at least this part may not be to hard).

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
The accounting system exposed by bitcoind is completely whacked. The last time I used it I had several negative account balances and no others added up to anything resembling what was in the addresses. The GUI ignores it for the most part, leaving wild balances, and it should be thrown away and just addresses and labels used.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I have just started playing with bitcoind (under Windoze using the 0.4.0 and running the GUI as the server) and noticed that when I did a "listtransactions" an entry like this:

{
    "account" : "",
    "address" : "1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX6",
    "category" : "send",
    "amount" : -0.50000000,
    "fee" : 0.00000000,
    "confirmations" : 1234,
    "txid" : "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
    "time" : 1213411747
},

I wanted to put an account on the 1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX6 address so I initially did this via the GUI (which shows up in the Address book fine) but it just stayed blank in the listtransactions output when I re-ran the command.

So I then ran the following:

bitcoind setaccount 1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX6 name

and it created a new address (documented behavior if the account name is the same as it already has I read) so why can't I see the account when I do listtransactions?

Strangely enough if I run this:

bitcoind getaccount 1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX6

then it returns "name" is one would expect.
Pages:
Jump to: