Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Bitcoin so stable in price after a big drop? - page 2. (Read 459 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
Every investor willing to buy at 6k range already bought in february or april. Same as every investor willing to sell at 6k range. Now all investors/long term traders are waiting for braking triange up (over 8k) or down (lower than 5,5k). All we see now iside of triangle is manipulation on low volume. Its easy to stop price at one lvl. Make bots/daytraders set stoploss little under/above or start to trade on higher laverage to profit on 6350-6450 range. Then after 50$ pump another 250$ is added by triggering stoploses and closing overlaveraged position pushing price up/down giving extra profit for manipulator who did that.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
someone is waiting for order books to be filled before placing another big sell (or buy) order which will cause the next price jump.

^^ this.

right now the market is not at all healthy. it is empty of real traders and is only filled with the manipulators and the bots running short term strategy scripts to make 0.5%-1% profit.
this will go on unless we go below or over a major price that  can trigger come back of real traders. in my opinion these two prices are $5900 and $8000 respectively.
Activity: 714
Merit: 257
I guess the same as you. Somebody is enjoying right now. They do it because they can and it is easy to just shoot the price up or down.
We will be seeing a lot of it in the coming years
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I've noticed it for a very long time: Bitcoin often has a stable price for a long time, then suddenly drops hard or shoots up. It dropped a few times in the past week, and as usual, it's very stable for a while after the drop. Yesterday's drop is no exception:
What is causing this?
My guess is this is manipulation, and my next guess is someone is waiting for order books to be filled before placing another big sell (or buy) order which will cause the next price jump.

No spam
All my threads are now self-moderated to stop signature spam. I will remove all irrelevant posts. If you quote the entire OP, your entry will be deleted.
Once in a while I'll summarize posts and clean up this thread.
Pages:
Jump to: