Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is BTC value significantly different among exchangers? - page 2. (Read 2027 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 37
For transactions in USD: yes.
For transactions in Euro and other currencies, Mtgox still works fine. (Sending and receiving money works although you need 6 weeks to withdraw)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
So can we safely say the community now assumes Bitstamp as the 'official' BTC value?

Almost
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
So can we safely say the community now assumes Bitstamp as the 'official' BTC value?
legendary
If MtGox price is distorted, why is it often taken as a reference in transactions? Or is it just sellers that intentionally take it as a reference to profit from its higher price?

It's our first exchange, the defacto standard but we're slowly switching to bitstamp

I think MTGox should go back to trading Magic the Gathering cards and drop bitcoins  Cheesy

They'll close soon. It's a burden now and the owner is done making millions and can go on permavacation. That fucker was at the right place at the right time. Insanely lucky.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
If MtGox price is distorted, why is it often taken as a reference in transactions? Or is it just sellers that intentionally take it as a reference to profit from its higher price?

It's our first exchange, the defacto standard but we're slowly switching to bitstamp

I think MTGox should go back to trading Magic the Gathering cards and drop bitcoins  Cheesy
legendary

legendary
Bitcoin accepted here
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
vini, vedi, no vici.
I couldn't help but notice that BTC price varies significantly depending on which exchange websites you consider. In some cases the difference can be up to $100 (see Bitstamp and MtGox). What's the most reliable source?

Well I think, Mt.Gox has large user base distributed in various countries. They're more account than any other exchanges and most of them are buyer. And where ever buyer are more than seller, one can expect price to be high.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
Arbitrage

You can't really arbitrage when it takes nearly 3 months to get any fiat out of mtgox.
legendary
Arbitrage
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
MtGox is distorted because its virtually impossible to withdraw fiat from it.

The "real" price is bitstamp / btc-e
legendary
Bitcoin accepted here
I couldn't help but notice that BTC price varies significantly depending on which exchange websites you consider. In some cases the difference can be up to $100 (see Bitstamp and MtGox). What's the most reliable source?
Pages:
Jump to: