Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is cheese added to absolutely EVERYTHING in America? - page 2. (Read 5169 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Is not cheese good? You can't go wrong with it. It composes with everything and tastes good. It is universal food Smiley That is the reason in my opinion.

Eh, cheese doesn't go good with EVERYTHING.

However, every food goes good with either cheese or chocolate. Try to figure out a single food which doesn't go well with either or.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
It's because most Americans are much more interested in flavor than health.  When they say a food is "good," they are usually only referring to how it tastes, not whether it is good at fulfilling food's primary function of keeping us alive and healthy.

It's kind of like doctors who focus exclusively on one effect of a medicine, and casually dismiss all the other effects, calling them "side" effects, as though they are of no importance.  "Yes, it destroyed his liver and killed him, but his cholesterol numbers were really great at the end!  That's a really effective medication!"

It's like the U.S. Government removing medical care, food, and energy from the calculation, then telling us we have almost no inflation.

It's like the government reporting unemployment statistics that don't include anyone who's been out of work for more than a year.

And the sheeple watch Faux News and think they are well informed.

Yes. Government is telling us everything is working fine.

No massacre on the street, no inflation, banking and auto industries are working fine. Public school are performing well. Health care system isn't subscribing the population unneeded medication.

Peace in middle east and Asia countries aren't by passing USD as a medium of exchange.

legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
It's a cheap and tasty source of proteins.

I have seen Americans put much worst things in their food, like sugar, even in some types of bread.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Cheese isn't in everything here... That's a poor argument, or statement.
Activity: 175
You're just suffering from "cheese envy".
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
Cheese? I thought it was high fructose corn syrup  Cheesy Cheesy

But I assume it is for the same exact reason...to make people addicted to the particular food so they keep buying it, regardless of how healthy it is.
Activity: 154
yes, obesity is a big problem here.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Are there too many cows in America?
There can never be enough cows to satisfy our demand for cheese.

Never underestimate the demand for cheese!
legendary
Activity: 966
In holiday we trust
Are there too many cows in America?
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
I wonder... In other countries, are there "American-themed" restaurants?
Here in the states we have Italian, Chinese, Irish, Mexican etc. themed restaurants.
Yes. Many countries have American-themed restaurants that serve American cuisine. Sometime they're hilarious for being so ostentatiously American. For example, when I have work in Switzerland, I always find an Ami restaurant and marvel at how remarkably familiar it all is, despite also feeling inauthentic. The food's usual good.
legendary
Activity: 1722
I've had cheese on soup, salad, steak - literally everything ive ever ordered at an American restaurant ive been asked - would you like cheese with that.
Is it a cultural thing? Why is cheese so important?

People go baanan's sometimes when you tell them no...  Getting a burger without cheese can turn into a warzone.  I only like cheese on pizza and nachos.. I hate it has to be on EVERYTHING.. argh.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Is not cheese good? You can't go wrong with it. It composes with everything and tastes good. It is universal food Smiley That is the reason in my opinion.
Not American cheese. Here, unless it's labelled otherwise, the cheese is made of an edible form of synthetic plastic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cheese

I did not know that american cheese is just so bad! I live in Europe and here cheese are delicious and very healthy.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Not American cheese. Here, unless it's labelled otherwise, the cheese is made of an edible form of synthetic plastic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cheese

You are right. Processed cheese contains all sort of toxins and cause irreversible damage to the body. The emulsifiers they add are the most dangerous (Sodium Phosphate & Potassium Phosphate) of the ingredients.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
American cheese is terrible.
Activity: 882
Maybe it tastes good?

It def tastes good.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
and the fun fact it is only industrial cheese but real cheese is not allowed in the US

USA USA USA ^^

At least Limburger is still allowed in the US.

lol wtf! that's so wrong in many ways and quite funny lol
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
and the fun fact it is only industrial cheese but real cheese is not allowed in the US

USA USA USA ^^

At least Limburger is still allowed in the US.

eid
Activity: 616
I wonder... In other countries, are there "American-themed" restaurants?
Here in the states we have Italian, Chinese, Irish, Mexican etc. themed restaurants.

Yes. They're called Mc Donald's.   
Activity: 588
Merit: 501

USA USA USA ^^
Activity: 658
Cheese is nice. Italian add it to most dishes they eat too, nothing wrong with that.
Pages:
Jump to: