Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is difficulty still very high - page 3. (Read 1059 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
September 20, 2022, 07:02:43 PM
Why you are looking for low difficulty? High difficulty gives you more security and is far from a 51% attack on the blockchain and it also helps transactions confirm faster.
If you see the high difficulty it means more people still mining and more units are produced and you know most well-known companies like Bitmain always developed machines that can mine faster and more efficiently. I'm sure they also run them to get benefits while selling them.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
September 20, 2022, 04:58:02 PM
Doubtful the mining industry is going to slow down, because if one does, the other players who are still going strong will produce more in the absence of the miners that were just taken down.  So unless a huge capitulation occurs and BTC drops precipitously from here, I dont see anyone letting up.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
September 20, 2022, 05:52:49 AM
If you're talking about mining with GPU, then you must be referring to altcoin mining. If that's the case, the altcoin mining board would be more suitable for this topic.

That being said, I do expect the difficulty to drop, but won't be that instant. Some miners probably have access to a good energy source (very cheap, for example), which allows them to continue mining despite losing some dollars every day. Or, they just believe that the condition will get better and speculate that it is better to hoard some sats from now on and sell them later.
Activity: 185
Merit: 14
September 20, 2022, 05:38:03 AM
It's too late to sell some graphic cards now I believe, when are these miners going to leave the game for us that still believe? Lower difficulty should be in play by now but some are just too stubborn it seems   Grin leave the game for us that don't care about profit today, we just want more coins.
Pages:
Jump to: