Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Halloween not being celebrated in our forum yet this year? - page 2. (Read 339 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 557
What's the relation between Halloween and Bitcoin?

Not only about Halloween, we're all familiar with Black Friday, Winter/Christmas, Easter Egg, Valentine's Day, New Year/Holiday, etc, but those aren't related with Bitcoin. But it's free for any user want to create an event or contest to celebrate it.

I'd like to see the forum to celebrate Bitcoin's Birthday, HODL, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
These competitions are not official in the forum. They are usually personal initiatives initiated by some members of the forum to create some kind of interest and attract attention to such occasions.

Therefore, I do not think that they are official events related to the forum, and you do not necessarily see them every year. Most likely, some members create threads on some public religious or social occasions, but perhaps this year no one started them.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
The best thing about these kinds of contests is they draw all the cheaters & alt accounts, making them easy to identify.

I know the contests are born out of purely good intentions, but as we've also seen with the pizza and art contest (as well as all the price prediction contests & free raffles), they attract a lot of users without consciousnesses. Anything that has to do with free money will attract scumbags who won't respect the rules -- that's just how its always been, long before bitcoin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 767
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
what contest are you talking about sir.

Do you have a link directing me to it?

Probably, he is talking about 🎃 [ANN] Bitcointalk Bitcoin Pumpkin Carving Contest 🎃 that was organized by ChiBitCTy last year. Some people were expecting the same contest again, but I am not sure if ChiBitCTy has any plans to organize the contest this year. Last time, he created the contest thread in the first week of October month. But this is the last week of this month. So, I guess there is no contest for this year. I don't know if ChiBitCTy has spoken out anything regarding this.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
We are all familiar with Halloween day and we all know about this day. The word Halloween originated around 1745. It originated in the Christian community. The word Halloween' or 'Halloween' comes from the Scottish word 'All Hallows' Eve'. The word Halloween means 'holy evening or holy evening'. Over time, the word 'Hallow's Eve' was transformed into 'Halloween'. The main theme of the Halloween festival is 'to face the power of death through humor and mockery'. About 2000 years ago, Celtic people lived in present day Ireland, England and Northern France. The first day of November was celebrated by them as New Year or 'Sah-win'. They thought it was the end of summer and darkness or the beginning of winter. Surprisingly, the Celtic nation believed that the night of the last day of October was the worst. The night that all ghosts and unsatisfied spirits can harm people. And so members of the Celtic nation wore various types of ghost masks and clothes on this night. They used to go around together in a circle wearing masks and chanting mantras to pass the sleepless night.

We saw in our forum that last year a contest was started to celebrate Halloween from 7th of October but why not this year.

But won't the contest start this year in our forum. I want to know the opinion of the experienced about the start of this contest.

what contest are you talking about sir.

Do you have a link directing me to it?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
We are all familiar with Halloween day and we all know about this day. The word Halloween originated around 1745. It originated in the Christian community. The word Halloween' or 'Halloween' comes from the Scottish word 'All Hallows' Eve'. The word Halloween means 'holy evening or holy evening'. Over time, the word 'Hallow's Eve' was transformed into 'Halloween'. The main theme of the Halloween festival is 'to face the power of death through humor and mockery'. About 2000 years ago, Celtic people lived in present day Ireland, England and Northern France. The first day of November was celebrated by them as New Year or 'Sah-win'. They thought it was the end of summer and darkness or the beginning of winter. Surprisingly, the Celtic nation believed that the night of the last day of October was the worst. The night that all ghosts and unsatisfied spirits can harm people. And so members of the Celtic nation wore various types of ghost masks and clothes on this night. They used to go around together in a circle wearing masks and chanting mantras to pass the sleepless night.
https://www.talkimg.com/images/2023/10/26/TybeJ.jpeg
We saw in our forum that last year a contest was started to celebrate Halloween from 7th of October but why not this year.

But won't the contest start this year in our forum. I want to know the opinion of the experienced about the start of this contest.
Pages:
Jump to: