Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is it complicated to get merits - page 2. (Read 909 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01
May 17, 2018, 05:04:41 AM
well, so I have to make a good post to get merits

No, you have to make a good post because that's the purpose of a forum.

Stop thinking about Merits. Contribute if it's useful. Read if you want to learn. The rest will follow automatically.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
May 17, 2018, 12:20:36 AM
It might be complicated to those person who don't even giving time creating a helpful thread or even sharing their knowledge to make other member lives easier. I mean instead of raising repeated question, why don't we start creating a thread that is composing of helpful information, high quality post and hyperlinks words that are the answers to those questions that are being raised tirelessly.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 16, 2018, 10:34:53 PM
This new system of ranking up uskng the merit system has proven to be good. And as you said that it is difficult yeah it is because you don't have to impress only yourself in the post but you'd have to impress each reader. So you see how the task is, don't just write to please yourself, but write to impress and earn merits.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
May 16, 2018, 10:25:16 PM
well, so I have to make a good post to get merits, okay I will do but who will give what anyone want to sent merit to me iam new on here?
Do it, then you will know when merits come to you and who will send their sMerits to your threads.
In addition, you will not earn any merit for such non-sense thread like your last one.
Don't think of merits while composing your threads, instead of focusing on your ideas, which might help to rise your threads' quality, which in turn increase the probability to earn merits.
Only publishing new thread when you have something helpful, meaningful, or unique / creative (it should be like this) to contribute to discussions.
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
May 16, 2018, 09:30:12 PM
its complicated to get merits because merit giver are very strict when it comes  to their satisfaction. some post which are good and very helpful to this forum are not been merited. only post which are very much useful.
What's complicated is your understanding of the merit system. You don't need to push yourself to post a quality post that will satisfy the strict merit source so that he will merit you, you just need to push yourself to make a good one so that other members will merit it. Everyone has their own perspective of a meritorious post and soon enough, they will see your posts if ever you will make a good one.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
May 16, 2018, 07:18:52 PM
Don't wanna sound all mellow but I think the idea of contributing positively to the quality of the forum, is already a reward on its own. In return, you get quality threads and quality replies from other members. That's at least how it's supposed to be: getting rid of all those useless spam replies.

Gaining Merit, thus gaining other members' respect, as well as receiving higher bounties, makes that reward even more worth the effort. But if receiving Merits to get higher bounties is your only purpose, you're condemned to leading a very bitter life, my OP friend, cuz you'll be searching so desperately to write something down that's been done before anyway, that you'll be making a complete fool of yourself.
well, so I have to make a good post to get merits, okay I will do but who will give what anyone want to sent merit to me iam new on here?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01
May 16, 2018, 04:42:41 PM
Don't wanna sound all mellow but I think the idea of contributing positively to the quality of the forum, is already a reward on its own. In return, you get quality threads and quality replies from other members. That's at least how it's supposed to be: getting rid of all those useless spam replies.

Gaining Merit, thus gaining other members' respect, as well as receiving higher bounties, makes that reward even more worth the effort. But if receiving Merits to get higher bounties is your only purpose, you're condemned to leading a very bitter life, my OP friend, cuz you'll be searching so desperately to write something down that's been done before anyway, that you'll be making a complete fool of yourself.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
May 16, 2018, 04:31:39 PM
Hey guys

I understand that the merit system is meant to illuminate/minimize the number of crappy posts...etc
Honestly I find it really complicated jumping up a rank; the merit gap between ranks is really high. I mean I have 10 merits I need 90 to jump up a rank it has been really really long and not even a single merit scored.

Any consideration of lowering the merits required for the rank up requirements? or any tips you good guys have on how or where do I have to be to get them merits?
Well, there may not be any consideration for lowering the Merits gap as that will not serve the purpose for which it was created. If you want to earn Merits from people you have to improve on the quality of your post and above all, be a solution to other people's problems which i believe in doing that you will promotion issue will not be problem to you.
Activity: 210
May 16, 2018, 11:41:33 AM

I understand that the merit system is meant to illuminate/minimize the number of crappy posts...
Well... apparently, you don't.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 2
May 16, 2018, 10:53:50 AM
"Re: Why is it complicated to get merits"
Let's paraphrase the question better & and ask: How to get merits?
Then we will get a lot of valuable information.

For example me: Thanks to this merit-system, I started to learn English, and I study information about bitcoin. I realized, in order to get merits, I need to have useful information and write high-quality posts. I personally liked the post: TMAN'S guide to getting merit. read this post, I'm sure it will help you. I wish you luck.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
May 16, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
its complicated to get merits because merit giver are very strict when it comes  to their satisfaction. some post which are good and very helpful to this forum are not been merited. only post which are very much useful.
I can vouch for some merit sources and I can tell you one thing - merit sources are lenient (which means opposite of strict in case you dont know). They are willing to give out merits to posts which are worth reading and are adding to the discussion. But if all they see is cry baby posts by bounty hunters then they will get ignored.

Yes i agree with you on that. Getting merit is not complicated but rather difficult as most persons who have merit to give don't give it out and some just go about sharing their merit points with their friends.
If you dont have proof dont make such comments. If you have proof post it in the proper section and await DT to neg them. Trading merit is an abuse of the system and hence tagworthy.

so if the merit gifting can be solely from the admins i think it will be better because every post that worth meriting will be merited without sentiment or Bias.
Admins dont have that much time in the forum to merit people. Mods already have their hands full cleaning up the shitposters.
Activity: 700
Merit: 105
APESWAP
May 16, 2018, 04:11:20 AM
I want to correct your notion. Getting merit isn't complicated and why it might seem complicated to you is because everyone is on a quest for it. Assuming we all allowed the merit system to play out and not want to get it all then it could have been different. All you need do is make reasonable posts that contributes to the forum success and viola merits will come.

I'm assuming you started with 100 merit, so that means since the system was implemented you have gotten 4. Yet look at how much you have posted since.
Yes i agree with you on that. Getting merit is not complicated but rather difficult as most persons who have merit to give don't give it out and some just go about sharing their merit points with their friends. so if the merit gifting can be solely from the admins i think it will be better because every post that worth meriting will be merited without sentiment or Bias.
Activity: 197
May 16, 2018, 02:19:58 AM
Activity: 115
Merit: 1
May 15, 2018, 11:53:10 PM
Hey guys

I understand that the merit system is meant to illuminate/minimize the number of crappy posts...etc
Honestly I find it really complicated jumping up a rank; the merit gap between ranks is really high. I mean I have 10 merits I need 90 to jump up a rank it has been really really long and not even a single merit scored.

Any consideration of lowering the merits required for the rank up requirements? or any tips you good guys have on how or where do I have to be to get them merits?

You are lucky to have 10 rewards, keep fighting do not complain sir .. and maybe this thread is very often encountered, i m sorry before ,, because this post is not intelligent information (intelligent information quality),
Please come back again with good quality posts, useful and no repetition of posts like this. Show that you deserve more rewards. Also read this thread..
->  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-system-upgrade-2827596
Thank you for your attention  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
May 15, 2018, 01:08:44 PM
Many don't realize what is the positive huge impact of Merit system. Imagine those multiple alternative accounts ranking up by just being active, replying unrelated post, meeting the number of activity every 2 weeks using the old ranking system. Today's ranking system is different. Since merits are hard to achieve, those alternative accounts and have higher ranks are now afraid getting a negative trust and very careful on not to spam the forum and not joining the same bounties and airdrops.

I gave you a couple of merits. It's not just for that post, but a collective award for the last few posts you made. Please continue to support Bitcoin Talk.
Activity: 392
Merit: 48
May 15, 2018, 12:16:43 PM

I don't think it needs to be lowered, it is already fair. When you are a Newbie>Jr.Member, you only need 10 to rank up to Member, since you come from "know nothing". Then you already a Member means you begin to understand what is going on in this forum. To become a Full Member you need 90 more merits, and if you have not earn those merits means you have not completely understand what is this forum about, so learn more. When you actually deserve those 90 merit you will eventually got it.

Maybe it is an option in the future to lower Merits. Some accounts already had a rank here, when the Merit system starts, and they hadn't to do quality posts for reaching this rank. So there were some accounts who didn't deserve this. They had never done quality posts and the'll never do. So it'll be only a justice to lower the total merit amount of every account from time to time. Maybe 1 Merit per quarter. So shitposters will loose very soon their rank and get ranked down to the next lower rank.
Doing this we can have more justice between users registrated before the Merit System and users registered after the Merit System.

But I think it is to early to launch a decreasing of Merits, because there are still not enougt Merit Sources; the circulating sMerits are still decreasing. But if the circulating sMerits are getting to a higher value, we can have a look at a lowering of earned Merits.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 268
Graphic & Motion Designer
May 15, 2018, 10:54:57 AM

I don't think it needs to be lowered, it is already fair. When you are a Newbie>Jr.Member, you only need 10 to rank up to Member, since you come from "know nothing". Then you already a Member means you begin to understand what is going on in this forum. To become a Full Member you need 90 more merits, and if you have not earn those merits means you have not completely understand what is this forum about, so learn more. When you actually deserve those 90 merit you will eventually got it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
May 15, 2018, 10:40:22 AM
I mean I have 10 merits I need 90 to jump up a rank it has been really really long and not even a single merit scored.

So basically even if the limit would be lowered to 11 merits for the next rank you would still be unable to rank up.

and the OP would go like this:
Why the hell I can't get a single merit? This is too complicated and it is taking me this long trying to earn even a single one.  Roll Eyes

It's supposed to be tough. 

Tough, challenging and motivating.
Besides, it's fun seeing a lot of account getting red trusted and then they post their rant on meta section and their fault will be pointed out by the community.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
May 15, 2018, 10:24:47 AM
The thing is that to get merit you have to post really, really, really, really good comments that catches people. While before to rank up you could just post regular and in the flow of things. While the merit systems guarantees that spammer won't rank up, it almost guarantees that a regular, average user won't rank up either.
I am a "regular" "average" user in the forum. I am getting merited often for posting. I still need a huge number of merits to reach the next (and final) rank of the forum but do I look like I am complaining? Thing is that not everyone here has the ability to adapt to every new thing that the world throws at them.

If you feel that the merit system is favoring people and you are getting jealous of them for ranking up before you can (Hint: Rat Race??) then you can do the following :
1. Its time to up your game and learn better ways to post.
2. Stop visiting this forum and hope merit gets removed (Which will not happen)
3. The last but not the least - get a job and stop depending on the forum bounty earnings to get paid.
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
May 14, 2018, 03:41:30 PM
I want to correct your notion. Getting merit isn't complicated and why it might seem complicated to you is because everyone is on a quest for it. Assuming we all allowed the merit system to play out and not want to get it all then it could have been different. All you need do is make reasonable posts that contributes to the forum success and viola merits will come.

I'm assuming you started with 100 merit, so that means since the system was implemented you have gotten 4. Yet look at how much you have posted since.
Pages:
Jump to: