Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is it so hard to buy BTC with USD? - page 2. (Read 2417 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
x1 7970 | Aprox. 587 kh/s
April 12, 2013, 12:11:34 AM
Deposit in cash with bitinstant.com.  Just take the print-out cash deposit slip to a bank, CVS, or walmart, and the desired output should happen soon-ish (close to instantly).

P.S. I suggest getting it deposited strait to your bitcoin address.

USD to Bitcoin address?

How does that work?
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
April 12, 2013, 12:06:24 AM
I was able to buy BTC in under 1 HR using Localtill>Bitfloor Today
Cash in hand to BTC in wallet
 Grin

I have not been paid for this message
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
April 12, 2013, 12:06:18 AM
Because the dollar is not a good medium of exchange. It's difficult to transfer even small amounts of dollars to someone else across the world. This is one of the reasons bitcoin is so valuable.
Activity: 182
April 12, 2013, 12:05:44 AM
Deposit in cash with bitinstant.com.  Just take the print-out cash deposit slip to a bank, CVS, or walmart, and the desired output should happen soon-ish (close to instantly).

P.S. I suggest getting it deposited strait to your bitcoin address.
Activity: 98
x1 7970 | Aprox. 587 kh/s
April 12, 2013, 12:02:22 AM
It is really WAY to hard to get USD into any exchange, quickly anyway. I was thinking of buying 1 or 2 btc on bitstamp but there are no quick and easy options to deposit USD. Same with mtgox, btc-e, bitfloor, and really any other exchange you can think of. Its pretty ridiculous, nearly any option requires sending money through EU banks, Wire transfers that take to long and have WAY to high fees, or some obscure Russian payment service. I don't feel safe using most of the services offered, or they cost to much and take to long. I want to buy BTC NOW, not in 2-3 days with a 5% fee. *facepalm*
Pages:
Jump to: