Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Litecoin so cheap? - page 2. (Read 5877 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
May 09, 2014, 01:29:13 PM
There are supposed to be four times more litecoins (84 million) than bitcoins (21 million) so with everything else being equal, Litecoin should cost 1/4 that of Bitcoin. But Litecoin is currently trading at about 10 dollars each while Bitcoin is trading at around 400-500 dollars each which makes it undervalued by a factor of 10.

Has it got something to do with the distribution curve (ie. more litecoins are produced in the first few years compared to Bitcoin)?

There is no reason why LTC should have the same market cap as BTC, this would never happen.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
May 09, 2014, 01:18:19 PM
There are supposed to be four times more litecoins (84 million) than bitcoins (21 million) so with everything else being equal, Litecoin should cost 1/4 that of Bitcoin. But Litecoin is currently trading at about 10 dollars each while Bitcoin is trading at around 400-500 dollars each which makes it undervalued by a factor of 10.

Has it got something to do with the distribution curve (ie. more litecoins are produced in the first few years compared to Bitcoin)?
Grin Grin Grin ;DBecause the BTC is too expensive!!

Was just a joke, in fact, LTC is not cheap, just your illusion, think inverse relationship in the circulation and price
Activity: 767
Never back down !!!
May 09, 2014, 12:40:59 PM

Cheap??? Why is it still worth 400 Mil. Unbelievable
Activity: 28
May 09, 2014, 10:51:55 AM
I believe there are two reasons.
1. China is attitude of the government.
2.It is the DOGE effect, of course Chinese lion is still relatively large impact. Grin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 09, 2014, 10:40:12 AM
donot have good body to support it..
Activity: 43
May 09, 2014, 08:34:10 AM

Only because BTC famous than LTC, so they have more money to support. Have something interest, someone will always took pains to do.

Price with circulation is not proportional relationship, decided the price is value.
Activity: 24
May 09, 2014, 08:06:33 AM
IMO the more currency it exists the more it is spread the cheaper it is, and as long as it doesn't have such support as bitcoin it is cheaper. And agree with jabo38, that it is a copy of bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
May 09, 2014, 05:54:26 AM
because it is a copy and paste and people don't like imposters
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
May 09, 2014, 03:43:00 AM
Finding an escrow shouldn't be too hard.

Yes, not hard. Let me know if anything pushes through.
Activity: 770
May 09, 2014, 03:00:10 AM

and you look like the biggest pump and dump piece of shit trying to pump a dead coin like Maxcoin.

just give it up nobody cares what you think.

Well not true, I get a massive amount PM's on a daily basis asking me about everything from hardware, to trading advice and all sorts of coin devs asking for security help.

But anyway, do you care to wager a few BTC on who can move the most BTC and LTC in the block chain?

You talk the talk, let's see if you can walk the walk?

Finding an escrow shouldn't be too hard.

Put up or STFU newbie.  <---This is an example of the schooling thing I was talking about earlier

~BCX~

Sorry you lost all credibility and respect from me when you chose to pump a dead horribly instamined coin. You have that much BTC and LTC and still need to pump that crap ,that's pathetic.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
May 09, 2014, 02:52:39 AM

Damn, I wish someone would have told me there can be only one store of value before I bought gold and silver. I guess its against the law and was stupid of me! Also see my last response about fiat and market caps and such.

wow, that was a long post, I want to answer only the store-of-value argument, as the rest is not so important.

Gold and silver metals both have unique properties and neither of them can replace each other, that's why both are valued by humanity.

BTC and LTC are the same minus a few insignificant technical details and can perform the same functions, that's why only one can be valued, and all things being equal, the first one that came into market is and will be valued, there is no place for two store of value assets here.

Neither BTC nor LTC fits into the every day currency category though, as they are too rare for that.
May 09, 2014, 02:34:35 AM

cool story bro , you must be very important I better listen to your advice in the other thread and buy Maxcoin.

Give it up, you indeed did look stupid. Don't sweat it, it's a rite of passage all you newbies go through at some point.

It's called, schooling.

~BCX~

and you look like the biggest pump and dump piece of shit trying to pump a dead coin like Maxcoin.

just give it up nobody cares what you think.
May 09, 2014, 02:31:05 AM
yes I look stupid right now.  

I don't think you will encounter too much of an argument on that.

its quite obvious you and bcx are the same person , in every one of your posts your constantly sucking his cock.

anyways let try and get this thread back on topic.
May 09, 2014, 02:29:35 AM
Because the top 100 LTC addresses possess over 50% of all available coins in circulation.

and most of those belong to one entity.

~BCX~

proof ?

O that's right your talking out of your ass again , go back trying to pump ur crap MAXcoin lol  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-601493

Another newbie fucking idiot that's been around for barely a year. You might want to do some research before making yourself look this stupid and yes El Dude, I'm talking to you. BCX scrypt hashing power is proven legend my friend.

-calls me stupid , because I asked for proof of BCX claims that 1 person own 100% of the top addresses
-doesn't show me proof and calls me a noob because I made this account 1 year ago (like I don't have other ones)
-supports BCX and his MAXCOIN pumping ways

He didn't call you stupid before you made yourself look stupid and you don't even know why LOL ROFL

The reason I made the comment about product of American schooling in the other thread is your lack of reading comprehension. I never said I owned 50% of all the top 100, but there is a single entity that does, a group. If makes you feel any better I do indeed own two in the top ten and also a member of the group.

Yes, it's okay to realize you are a fucking idiot, just relax and embrace the moment.

~BCX~

cool story bro , you must be very important I better listen to your advice in the other thread and buy Maxcoin.
Activity: 58
May 09, 2014, 02:28:09 AM

I don't think you will encounter too much of an argument on that.
May 09, 2014, 02:11:48 AM
Because the top 100 LTC addresses possess over 50% of all available coins in circulation.

~BCX~

proof ?

O that's right your talking out of your ass again , go back trying to pump ur crap MAXcoin lol  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-601493

Another newbie fucking idiot that's been around for barely a year. You might want to do some research before making yourself look this stupid and yes El Dude, I'm talking to you. BCX scrypt hashing power is proven legend my friend.

-calls me stupid , because I asked for proof of BCX claims that 1 person own 100% of the top addresses
-doesn't show me proof and calls me a noob because I made this account 1 year ago (like I don't have other ones)
-supports BCX and his MAXCOIN pumping ways

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
May 09, 2014, 01:49:50 AM
TLDR

Litecoin provides no significant advantage over BTC now that scrypt ASIC's are in the wild.

If your not BTC or a POS coin then you will have trouble.

I wouldn't never invest in a POS coin , why would I spend my coins if I could stake them and get more? , POS encourages hording IMO and also gives the rich more coins for doing nothing.There's a reason why Peercoin won't ever be number 2 and it's 24 hour volume is $129,675 compared to litecoin's  $2,105,900

I 100% agree. the concept of peercoin is terrible. 10 minute transaction times, waiting 20 days to get stake coins. Its a terrible setup.

If your only experience with POS is peercoin then check out blackcoin at some point.

10 sec transaction times
coins are available to stake after 8 hours so no need to hoard
1% stake annually
no ipo
no premine

I know I curse bitcoin's 10 minute transaction times. its infuriating some times waiting for btc to confirm. BC confirmed fully within 1-2 minutes.

honestly its simple, maybe too simple. You can see my sig so i am little biased, so take this with a grain of salt.
May 09, 2014, 01:45:03 AM

~BCX~

proof ?

O that's right your talking out of your ass again , go back trying to pump ur crap MAXcoin lol  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-601493
May 09, 2014, 01:24:35 AM

Again, it was never designed to be asic proof, just resistant. And again you skipped over my post addressing this and your other issues. Please re-read and please comment as you feel needed. Thank you Smiley

'specifically designed to resist creation of efficient GPU, FPGA and even ASIC implementations'

Almost nothing is ASIC-proof. asics just perform specific function, in proof of work the purpose is acceleration.
yet if designing an efficient application specific implementation is not cost effective then for all intents and purposes it is asic proof. SHA256 pow was never marketed as asic resistant, that's why scrypt came-- as a safe haven, a diversification or a hedge, with the knowledge btc was going to be overtaken by centralised mining ops and manafacturers who make huge profit it provided an alternative which aimed at bringing back decentralised mining.

I didn't write that it was ASIC proof. of course someone can port to FPGA. i wrote ASIC resistant.
Would you argue that litecoin has resisted efficient GPU, FPGA and even ASIC implementations? It may have in past but now it's not resisting shit.

I hold shares in a mining company that will bring online 300GH/s worth of hashpower starting next months. just ONE company, there are others like it. total network hashrate over past 3 years only just recently surpassed half of that. If that looks resistant to you then you are deluded, it's failed at it's main selling point and now offers no tangible benefits over BTC. .

The very idea that LTC dilutes BTC value is not only pure speculation, its FUD and should be treated as such.

since coins are constantly mined, we see constant inflation. Those who mine can either sell these coins or hold them. Larger mining operations and ones with bills to pay will be selling.
with Bitcoin, Peta-hash level mining farms already dumping huge amounts outside of dark pools onto open markets, it's a fact that fiat needs to come in to offset otherwise price will fall.

Now bigger and bigger farms are existing for LTC. some of these farms have developed own hardware. Since they have already paid off all NRE and various other expenses they can scale up massivelly and sell at almost any profit now instead of 1000's of distributed miners who all have small slice of pie you may have 3-5 large farms and 10+ medium farms, mining majority of the supply they have huge influence...BUY support needs to offset this sell pressure if/when they decide to sell. The higher the price of LTC the more buy support needs to appear. when sell pressure increases and buy support can't be sustained. price simply falls.

LTC does dilute BTC value, If I pour fiat into buying LTC instead of BTC and so does 50% of everyone else it's easy to see what would happen.
 If every day just $100k went into LTC infrastructure that didn't go into BTC btc would take a hit. also unfortunately, if BTC fell 50% overnight, LTC would also fall. despite it supposedly being a strong independent altcoin who dont need no bitcoin and supposedly the silver to btc's gold

This is wrong , because Litecoin and Bitcoin are similar they easily share the same infrastructure , money that goes into bitcoin or litecoin  infrastructure benefits both coins , LTC and BTC have a special relationship where they help each other out.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
May 09, 2014, 01:20:10 AM

Again, it was never designed to be asic proof, just resistant. And again you skipped over my post addressing this and your other issues. Please re-read and please comment as you feel needed. Thank you Smiley

'specifically designed to resist creation of efficient GPU, FPGA and even ASIC implementations'

Almost nothing is ASIC-proof. asics just perform specific function, in proof of work the purpose is acceleration.
yet if designing an efficient application specific implementation is not cost effective then for all intents and purposes it is asic proof. SHA256 pow was never marketed as asic resistant, that's why scrypt came-- as a safe haven, a diversification or a hedge, with the knowledge btc was going to be overtaken by centralised mining ops and manafacturers who make huge profit it provided an alternative which aimed at bringing back decentralised mining.

I didn't write that it was ASIC proof. of course someone can port to FPGA. i wrote ASIC resistant.
Would you argue that litecoin has resisted efficient GPU, FPGA and even ASIC implementations? It may have in past but now it's not resisting shit.

I hold shares in a mining company that will bring online 300GH/s worth of ltc hashpower starting next months. just ONE company, there are others like it. total network hashrate over past 3 years only just recently surpassed half of that. If that looks resistant to you then you are deluded, it's failed at it's main selling point and now offers no tangible benefits over BTC. .

The very idea that LTC dilutes BTC value is not only pure speculation, its FUD and should be treated as such.

since coins are constantly mined, we see constant inflation. Those who mine can either sell these coins or hold them. Larger mining operations and ones with bills to pay will be selling.
with Bitcoin, Peta-hash level mining farms already dumping huge amounts outside of dark pools onto open markets, it's a fact that fiat needs to come in to offset otherwise price will fall.

Now bigger and bigger farms are existing for LTC. some of these farms have developed own hardware. Since they have already paid off all NRE and various other expenses they can scale up massivelly and sell at almost any profit now instead of 1000's of distributed miners who all have small slice of pie you may have 3-5 large farms and 10+ medium farms, mining majority of the supply they have huge influence...BUY support needs to offset this sell pressure if/when they decide to sell. The higher the price of LTC the more buy support needs to appear. when sell pressure increases and buy support can't be sustained. price simply falls.

LTC does dilute BTC value, If I pour fiat into buying LTC instead of BTC and so does 50% of everyone else it's easy to see what would happen.
 If every day just $100k went into LTC infrastructure that didn't go into BTC btc would take a hit. also unfortunately, if BTC fell 50% overnight, LTC would also fall. despite it supposedly being a strong independent altcoin who dont need no bitcoin and supposedly the silver to btc's gold

Pages:
Jump to: