Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Paypal accepting Bitcoin a good thing? - page 3. (Read 3426 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
September 25, 2014, 03:30:07 AM
It helps with the mainstreaming of btc so it is good
Obviously, the dream is that one day cryptos will replace PP, we will see about that
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
September 24, 2014, 12:18:37 PM
I really want to know, whats so good about PP accepting BTC? Paypal make money from fees charged by handling payments (20p + 3.5% last time I checked), Bitcoin barely has any fees whatsoever (0.0001 I get charged for a transaction) so what's PP gaining from accepting it and anyway, Coinbase seems to work fine for businesses wanting to accept BTC without problem so what will make business switch to or start using PP? The only good thing I've thought about is that Ebay might be adopting the currency meaning better presence for BTC. Any other advantages for PP?  Grin

We dont need Paypal from a purely pragmatic point of view. But we need them for mass adoption. It's basically a big advertisement, the perfect one actually.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 24, 2014, 12:00:37 PM
I really want to know, whats so good about PP accepting BTC? Paypal make money from fees charged by handling payments (20p + 3.5% last time I checked), Bitcoin barely has any fees whatsoever (0.0001 I get charged for a transaction) so what's PP gaining from accepting it and anyway, Coinbase seems to work fine for businesses wanting to accept BTC without problem so what will make business switch to or start using PP? The only good thing I've thought about is that Ebay might be adopting the currency meaning better presence for BTC. Any other advantages for PP?  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: