Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is sex slavery morally wrong but conscription is OK? - page 2. (Read 1435 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
The "Kidnapping citizens to Ukrainian army" thread got me wondering...

Why is sex slavery morally wrong but conscription is OK?

They are both examples of forced labor. They are both dangerous and emotionally and physically damaging to the victim. Someone who is forced into prostitution could get AIDS and other venereal diseases. They might be raped or murdered. Someone who is forced into becoming a soldier and made to fight could get their brains blown out or their limbs amputated by a roadside bomb. They might suffer from PTSD.

Heck, I think I'd rather be forced into sex slavery than be forced into fighting a war. Unless I personally believed that the reasons behind the war were worth risking my life for which case I would voluntarily join the army anyway (extremely unlikely). I would think that my chances of survival would be greater as a prostitute too.

So why is it that we despise people who force other people into sex slavery but we have no problem with people in suits forcing people who don't want to fight to kill others and be killed? Shouldn't the latter be even more horrific than the former?
Pages:
Jump to: