Pages:
Author

Topic: why is there no cloud-mining now? - page 3. (Read 1768 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 12, 2017, 08:08:44 PM
I believe because it became a very hard niche to get in. You have much expenses, big investment, need to have access to sustainable electricity cost or sources. People looking for creating their own businesses maybe found another ways to do it, cloud mining is something that stayed in the past...

Also, I think possible new cloud mining owners may think they will have difficulties to find new investors, as this kind of investment is saturated and most people in Crypto-Currency world wouldn't invest their money on it, as other's experiences were terrible.
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
June 12, 2017, 01:37:24 AM
ive had a 2 year dash contract bought in March 2017.

i would have bought a x11 miner but they had sold out.

so far 90 payouts worth 2.39 dash. which today equals 439 dollars. i didn't sell at high price, but still still made over half my roi in 3 months. yes difficulty will increase but so many people keep saying scam scam etc it is unbelievable.

Probably same people that make bad investments. i saw at the time it was a good buy at 475 dollars for 100m/hs, but like i posted 0.39 btc would be worth more. Not everyone want to trade, i mine myself, have my genesis contract and trade a bit, at least i add more to the system than others who just sit on there coins until they die.

My service has been great it is nice to have a wallet accumulating with no effort, you can mine other coins as well, and customer service get back pretty quick.

Yes mate though only altcoins mining is somehow near profitable with genesis mining, I'm not sure about Bitcoin contracts, generally speaking

Bitcoin now needs at least half a million bucks investment to be able to stay in the race with other miners, it's not like cloud mining services

Share whatever they truly are earning, if you buy altcoin contracts I believe you could ROI, coins like ETH, DASH, DOGE, if you try hash nest

You'll need more than 100TH/s to ROI and you'll automatically support BU/EC.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 12, 2017, 12:43:29 AM
ive had a 2 year dash contract bought in March 2017.

i would have bought a x11 miner but they had sold out.

so far 90 payouts worth 2.39 dash. which today equals 439 dollars. i didn't sell at high price, but still still made over half my roi in 3 months. yes difficulty will increase but so many people keep saying scam scam etc it is unbelievable.

Probably same people that make bad investments. i saw at the time it was a good buy at 475 dollars for 100m/hs, but like i posted 0.39 btc would be worth more. Not everyone want to trade, i mine myself, have my genesis contract and trade a bit, at least i add more to the system than others who just sit on there coins until they die.

My service has been great it is nice to have a wallet accumulating with no effort, you can mine other coins as well, and customer service get back pretty quick.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 11, 2017, 11:44:40 PM
Infact, whether you talk about a real or a scam bitcoin mining programs, there is no trustable mining on the whole internet.
All are ponzi scheme platforms even if they pay you for awhile to build their trust among people.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
June 11, 2017, 06:44:20 PM
Genesis mining is a straight scheme that will collapse at some point, not sure why you find it necessary to list it here.

Time on time again they have refused to publicly release their general mining address, while there is absolutely no reason for them to keep it hidden, other than the reason that there isn't a mining address at all.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!
June 11, 2017, 05:11:19 PM
There are a few cloud services which are "legitimate", albeit some of them can be shady.  A few of them are:

-Hashnest.
-Hashflare.
-Genesis Mining.
-ViaBTC.

Cloud mining is far from dead.  The problem is that people don't actually get ROI on it.

With Genesis Mining for example, people sign up to loads of two-year altcoin contracts, and then they end up actually losing money because every time the difficulty catches up with the price after a few months.  These surges in price don't make cloud mining profitable in the long term, because Bitcoin and (stable) altcoin mining is now matured enough that mining remains barely profitable, and only goes beyond that after a significant rise in price.

When companies have to make profit, this makes the actual money for the investor about zero.  Not to mention that you're buying hashrate, so price rise = difficulty rise = hashrate means less in the cryptocurrency, since you're actually investing using cryptocurrencies in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
June 11, 2017, 01:48:12 PM
ViaBTC offers a 'real' cloud mining service similar to how CEX.IO was doing it.

But there is a huge catch, as soon as the contract isn't profitable for 10 days straight, your contract will be void automatically, and thus your investment is gone.

Another negative aspect is that they charge like 6% in fees per reward, per block. To add ~ their total network hash share has decreased to sub 5% levels. It's not worth it.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
June 11, 2017, 01:15:34 PM
first of all let me clarify that i am talking about Real Cloud Mining not the Ponzi scheme with the name cloud mining on it.

i remember a couple of years ago there have been legitimate cloud mining businesses such as GHASH.io or as you may know it Cex.io and when bitcoin price went down to $200 and stayed around <$400 they paused it (explicitly called it pause) because of higher maintenance fees.

now all the difficulty rise aside, price is nearly $3000 and that covers more than enough of any kind of cost mining has and it is producing a lot of profit for miners.

so my question is, why is there no cloud mining these days? for example why didn't Ghash.io resume their mining again?
Pages:
Jump to: