Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Isn't Bitmit more popular? - page 2. (Read 2817 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
LTC -> BTC -> Silver!
March 28, 2013, 01:06:27 AM
I use it to sell a few things. Just sold my first 6 pack of limited production beer. Worked very well for Escrow and all.

I am noticing a lot of overhead on the server and its slow response

Hey, I saw that beer! Nice work.

I just bought a straight razor on there and I enjoyed the process. I'm also selling some things on there that I would normally list on eBay which is liberating. It's disappointing that there is not more activity, but I'm getting some bites.

I will say, as a longtime eBay seller, people are chomping at the bit for a viable alternative to the eBay/PayPal's unpopular fee structure. Any business that can do what eBay does but in BTC will succeed if Bitcoin goes mainstream.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
¿Sabe lo que quiero decir?
March 27, 2013, 10:44:33 PM
An easy to use auction site like Bitmit must exist for mainstream Bitcoin adoption.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
March 27, 2013, 08:02:00 PM
I find the site is really slow to respond a lot.  Maybe they're being DoS'd or something.

If they could solve that issue I might use it more.

I like browsing through the "newly listed" tab to see if anything cool just showed up that I can pwn up quick.
legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
March 27, 2013, 06:07:36 PM
I use it to sell a few things. Just sold my first 6 pack of limited production beer. Worked very well for Escrow and all.

I am noticing a lot of overhead on the server and its slow response
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 27, 2013, 05:34:40 PM
I think there are def. quite a few things they could tweek and improve upon. As much as I hate to say it, small stuff that eBay has already figured out. It really is awesome though, and I think once they have an API to automate things they will have a lot more items listed. I know I will be listing more.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
March 27, 2013, 05:28:53 PM
I have noticed an increase of items there recently - but I think a lot of it is the site development itself.
There are a lot of listing that have been abandoned or were originally listed in BTC and now the prices are amusing. Also I find that the layout of the site makes it a bit hard to navigate and it does seem to be slow or go down more often that I'd like.
legendary
Activity: 896
March 27, 2013, 05:24:07 PM
The site itself is great. It probably isn't held in higher regard just because of the crap some people post on there.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
March 27, 2013, 04:12:58 PM
Bitmit has a bit off a the Hen and Egg Problem.

I'm not searching there because the Stuff I want isn't listed there anyway and more Products are not listed there until there is enough demand (you actually sell your stuff).

What to do?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
March 27, 2013, 04:07:14 PM
I go to bitmit a lot mostly to convert btc into gift cards, amazon cards etc. The escrow system works well and all my transactions have gone smoothly (except about 20% I get no response from so I get my coin back). I do sometimes look around at other things, but I am always surprised at the lack of items being sold on there. It's mostly the same stuff over and over. Wondering why there is not more action over there as there is really no competition for an ebay like site. Any idea?
Pages:
Jump to: