Pages:
Author

Topic: Why isn't this forum in Japanese? - page 3. (Read 1634 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
May 14, 2013, 03:10:52 PM
It makes absolutely no sense to offer Bitcoin to the Japanese first, just like it makes no sense to offer a Playstation only to the Japanese.
And yet, Sony does release the consoles and games in Japan first, and there are many that never make it over. (or only make it over untranslated)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
May 14, 2013, 03:07:37 PM
On the contrary, if the creator was Japanese, living in Japan, the first people who would take notice are the Japanese, as he would likely be speaking with other Japanese associates who were interested in his idea; I don't know how many non-Japanese speakers live outside of Japan, but I wager it isn't much.  Considering that Satoshi was extremely well-versed in the English language, spent most of his time awake during Western hours, and never spoke Japanese while he was here, or anywhere where his name followed, I argue that the name is false and he isn't from Japan, or wasn't there while developing Bitcoin, which in either case, I don't consider him Japanese, which is why your parody, "If the Sony Playstation is designed in Japan, why isn't it only in Japanese?", doesn't really work out to begin with.  Satoshi wasn't in Japan, and probably wasn't Japanese, which, as the OP asked, is why there isn't a major Japanese forum, and why Satoshi doesn't speak Japanese.

No, a person wishing to remain anonymous would not go out and meet many people to explain his idea, especially not in the location in which he lives. The internet is an English dominated means of conveyance. A Japanese person would quickly realize that Japan is very small and would like to reach a wider audience. It makes absolutely no sense to offer Bitcoin to the Japanese first, just like it makes no sense to offer a Playstation only to the Japanese. It is understable to claim Satoshi is most likely not Japanese, however your evidence for such a hypothesis is nonexistent.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
May 14, 2013, 03:03:05 PM
If the Sony Playstation is designed in Japan, why isn't it only in Japanese? Powerful logic here, guys.

Roll Eyes

Post a link to the most popular Japanese forum, then.  Given that the creator is Japanese, there should be a massive Japanese following, right?

Nationalism is not a justification. You can't say that the Japanese should like it just because the creator is Japanese. Furthermore, English is the language of money and trade. Someone smart enough to design something like Bitcoin wouldn't be dumb enough to limit it to the Japanese.

On the contrary, if the creator was Japanese, living in Japan, the first people who would take notice are the Japanese, as he would likely be speaking with other Japanese associates who were interested in his idea; I don't know how many non-Japanese speakers live outside of Japan, but I wager it isn't much.  Considering that Satoshi was extremely well-versed in the English language, spent most of his time awake during Western hours, and never spoke Japanese while he was here, or anywhere where his name followed, I argue that the name is false and he isn't from Japan, or wasn't there while developing Bitcoin, which in either case, I don't consider him Japanese, which is why your parody, "If the Sony Playstation is designed in Japan, why isn't it only in Japanese?", doesn't really work out to begin with.  Satoshi wasn't in Japan, and probably wasn't Japanese, which, as the OP asked, is why there isn't a major Japanese forum, and why Satoshi doesn't speak Japanese.
May 14, 2013, 02:52:34 PM
If the Sony Playstation is designed in Japan, why isn't it only in Japanese? Powerful logic here, guys.

Roll Eyes

Post a link to the most popular Japanese forum, then.  Given that the creator is Japanese, there should be a massive Japanese following, right?

Nationalism is not a justification. You can't say that the Japanese should like it just because the creator is Japanese. Furthermore, English is the language of money and trade. Someone smart enough to design something like Bitcoin wouldn't be dumb enough to limit it to the Japanese.
legendary
May 14, 2013, 02:46:33 PM

Roll Eyes

Post a link to the most popular Japanese forum, then.  Given that the creator is Japanese, there should be a massive Japanese following, right?
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
May 14, 2013, 02:43:26 PM
Das WorldWideWeb wurde in der Schweiz erfunden, ab jetzt ist hier nur noch Deutsch, Französisch, Italienisch und Rätoromanisch erlaubt.
May 14, 2013, 02:40:43 PM

Roll Eyes
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
May 14, 2013, 02:12:52 PM
If satoshi was supposedly Japanese, and he is listed as the founder of the forum, why isn't the UI in Japanese, and why didn't he post in Japanese?

Why? Because he probably wasn't really Japanese.

He was most definitely English Cheesy

Well, an English-speaker, at any rate.
legendary
May 14, 2013, 02:09:27 PM
If satoshi was supposedly Japanese, and he is listed as the founder of the forum, why isn't the UI in Japanese, and why didn't he post in Japanese?

He was most definitely English Cheesy
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I make pretty things.
May 14, 2013, 02:08:47 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 13, 2013, 12:07:58 AM
Pages:
Jump to: