Pages:
Author

Topic: Why its still worth mining ETH (or other coins) for me - Updated March-31-2019 - page 3. (Read 1255 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
Original Post : October 5 - 2018 - Mining ETH profitable, the example rig making around 80$/months
Updated on December 3 - 2018 - Mining ETH still profitable, but profit is actually 1/4 what it was 2 months ago , the example rig making around 20$/months
Updated December 12 - 2018 - ETH Mining is not profitable for me anymore with the electrical rate of 0.097$/KWh, im losing around 10$/months with that rig i used for example - but .. still all my rigs are online and mining ( ETH/USD exchange rate is 1ETH=82$ )
Updated on March 31 - 2019 - Mining ETH is profitable for me, but profit is actually 1/2 what it was 6 months ago (October 5 - 2018), but 50% more what is was 5 months ago (November 3 - 2018), and im making 48$/months more, compared to what was my earning 4 months ago (December 12 - 2018) Smiley with the example rig i used for this calculation, i can make around 38$/months right now

I placed my numbers into the same online calculator, what i used in the past months, to make more easy for newbies to understand my topic, all my calculations.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND : None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
None of those online calculators can predict what would be the coin/$ exchanges rates a minutes later, a hour later,  tomorrow, next week,  months later, 6 months later or a year later !

Original Topic from here Wink

Read a few topics in the past few weeks, so i decided to write a comment to one of those " People are stupid bc they still mining kida topics ... I think my comment worth a new topic , bc I'm sure i'm not the only one who is still mining with profit, of course with much less profit than last year December Wink If you jumped into mining this year , this topic definitely not for you, because you probably not even close to your ROI Smiley

ETH is NOT PROFITABLE AT THE MOMENT, but still has 248.000 gh/s of total network hashrate at the moment.

Are people stupid or what???

Lets put numbers to the question.

NO IM NOT STUPID , AND LETS MAKE SOME PROVE WITH MY NUMBERS

In my case its still worth mining, as all of the money i invested into mining rigs are back to my packet already.
Im not one of those guys who jumped into mining when bitcoin price hit 20000$ Smiley and wanted to get rich within a few months.

I always warned new members, members who opened topics like : "ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ? WHY MY EARNING IS LESS THAN ALL THOSE ONLINE CALCULATORS TELLING ME? WHAT IS THE BEST COIN TO MINE ? WHAT IS THE MOST PROFITABLE COIN TO MINE" mining is a risky investment and no one can tell you whats coming tomorrow. After last year BTC and all other crypto coin price jump, ppl just started buying gpus like kids taking chocolate from the grocery shop shelves Smiley
You can read my "warning or i would say advice topic " here Wink

Let see a example why its still worth mining for me  :
I'm the only one on this forum who can say its still worth mining?

ETH11 as you can see on the attached picture hashing with 375MH/s , pulling 1590watts at the wall, im paying 0.097$/kWh
after pool fees ,miner fees,  power bill im still making around 80$ extra a months with current eth/usd exchange rate. ( as of today October 5 / 2018 )
So its worth mining for me ? Definitely YES !
If ETH11 will generating only 20$ / months its still worth mining for me ? Definitely YES !
Why im saying YES ?
Because my rigs are paid out already, and if i can have 20$ extra a months for nothing,  im still happy, but i have way more than 1 mining rig, so thats  going to be multiple times 20$ a months. With current price its still multiple times 80$ a months, or multiple times 40$ a months with a smaller builts ( 6-7-8 cards per rigs )

Miner reported hashrate:

Pool side reported hashrate :
( yes with the right bios mod , with the right undervolting/overclocking your miner reported hashrate should be the same as a pool side reported average hashrate. if its not the same, you definitely have some issues Smiley

Power Draw:
( measured with cyberpower PDU81007 Switched Metered-by-Outlet PDU  )

To a much easier understanding I placed all of my information into one online calculator ,dont forget online calculators are not always 100% accurate .

AS OF OCTOBER 5th - 2018

2 months gone , lot of things changed in the past 60 days.
So placed my numbers into the same online calculator, what i used 2 months ago, to make more easy for newbies to understand my topic.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND : None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
None of those online calculators can predict what would be the coin/$ exchanges rates a minutes later, a hour later,  tomorrow, next week,  months later, 6 months later or a year later !

For me it is still profitable to mine ETH , but the profit is actually 1/4 what it was 2 months ago, with the same mining rig, power rate/pools-miner fee.
The only reason is why i still can make a few extra dollars, bc my rigs already generated that money what i paid for them, so from there i only make profit ! doesnt matter if its 5-10$/rigs ,or 70-80$/rigs / months, its called profit Smiley
So compare the numbers from October 5th post with the December 3rd updated numbers
AS OF DECEMBER 3rd - 2018

AS OF MARCH 31 - 2019
6 months gone after my original post
On March 31 - 2019 - Mining ETH is profitable for me, but profit is actually 1/2 what it was 6 months ago (October 5 - 2018), but 50% more what is was 5 months ago (November 3 - 2018), and im making 48$/months more, compared to what was my earning 4 months ago (December 12 - 2018) Smiley
with the example rig i used for this calculation, i can make around 38$/months right now

Pages:
Jump to: