Pages:
Author

Topic: Why KYC is important? - page 24. (Read 3301 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 08:30:57 PM
KYC is important because it it the way to know the relevant information of user/customer. In order to provide better , safer and more secure platform for all users worldwide. KYC helps us to identify and verifying the identity of customer, user and client to avoid scam.
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
April 23, 2018, 04:37:49 PM
There are so many bad reactions about some ICO projects implementing KYCs.

KYC- Know your costumer

What's good with KYC is that your account is being protected and so as the project where you participated. Everybody hates fraud/scammers so I think this is much better to secure your investments and also to get rid of those fake and multiple accounts.
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
ETH: 0x1C829E7A1b5cA44cc381863e10448504e07f78e9
April 23, 2018, 03:11:36 PM
project owners now want to know their customers. so that potential money laundering situations can be avoided. I think that this KYC demand situation will become more widespread in the future.
Activity: 308
April 18, 2018, 05:31:29 AM
Know Your Customer (KYC) is a prerequisite for investing in mutual funds (and almost all financial instruments). It is vital compliance on the part of financial product manufacturers, to know their investor better.
It is an incredibly important practice that serves as the backbone of global anti- money laundering efforts.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
April 13, 2018, 06:37:10 PM
KYC have to apply correctly. KYC should also apply to all the development teams and business partners. Not jus for investors and there are so many information breaches the last couple years I would not trust any companies out there.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
April 13, 2018, 02:50:19 PM
i do support the KYC process , but i just afraid some scammer making a fake ICO's to get our data and cheat other ICO's systems , as you can see many dark web has proofing many identity from customer , and we dont know how they got that , KYC for security is important , but some bad people doing that for ungood reasons.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
April 13, 2018, 02:12:36 PM
Kyc is very important there's a lot of identity theft going on and I've been affected by it personally while filling out some airdrop forms and bounties last year. That's why I totally support the idea of kyc
Activity: 48
April 13, 2018, 02:11:09 PM
as i know kyc procedure help to recognize people help to know where they are from. so that they can know what people are using their tokens. so it just an identification only.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
April 13, 2018, 01:55:48 PM
Does KYC really important or we are just taking risk with our public documents?
i know that some country are not allowed to join a specific ICO, but with out identification and natinal ID we are not safe to have it.
and KYC is one ofthe way to get into it.
but how we sure that they are giving up the correct information? they can get some ID over other people right?

Yes if you want to join in the bounty none of the managers will ask you for KYC details but if you want to join in airdrop tokens means you need to share your KYC details to the ICO team mate.
When you are investing to buy the tokens also you need to share the KYC details to the team.
Hope you will find the best bounty which can make you free from KYC issues.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
April 13, 2018, 01:35:43 PM
i know that some country are not allowed to join a specific ICO, but with out identification and natinal ID we are not safe to have it.
but how we sure that they are giving up the correct information? they can get some ID over other people right?
That's another case, those who will be able to get KYC from other information will still enjoy this, but for those who will provide real identity
it can be dangerous, it can be use for some illegal act or just like what others mentioning kyc can be hack and all important information can
be used against us, we know that there's no assurance that those data will not be hacked.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
April 13, 2018, 01:26:49 PM
Activity: 567
Merit: 100
April 13, 2018, 01:19:09 PM
Activity: 205
Merit: 1
April 13, 2018, 07:02:02 AM
I like this system by KYC. This will make many people with double accounts they will not be in accepting gifts from the bounty. the existence of this system of cheating during this mushrooming will be greatly reduced.
I first participate in a company where you need KYC, did you provide your data before? Do you think it's safe for us?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059
FROSTING
April 13, 2018, 03:06:50 AM
There are very few people who fall into that KYC information is unimportant. Your name may include fraudulent and criminal cases.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
April 13, 2018, 03:05:44 AM
to prevent fraud and safeguard asset / token security.
dev will know the number of investors and also the bounty hunter who has their tokens. no need to worry KYC makes us more secure.
Activity: 280
April 13, 2018, 02:59:34 AM
Who need kyc when price is under ico?

Laughed way too hard.

For me, before you give your personal information make sure first that they are trusted, that your information will be secured.
because if you carelessly gave your information it might be use against you
Activity: 294
April 13, 2018, 02:31:46 AM
For me kyc is important to verify the identity of the participant or to verify its investors to know that its a real person and not a robot. specially to know your clients.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
April 13, 2018, 01:35:59 AM
As usual, this is another way to weed out, and to be more precise, then reduce by a couple of orders the amount of bounty hunters participating in the project. For developers, it's just wonderful, and pay less, and you can immediately weed out people from countries where payment can be a problem.

This is the case of pros outweighing the cons, I guess. I am completely against privacy breaches like having to give out KYC, but at the same time, I also hate that people can just scam projects and rob rightful people of the opportunities,,, just like with bounty programs as you mentioned. What I am curious to know is, there must be a way blockchain can help get the benefits of KYC but without people having to give their data away. Like a blockchain to store data, only accessed by AI that can verify, or a system that lets humans verify data but only parts of it, so they never can steal or associate you with something else?
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
April 13, 2018, 12:53:33 AM
I like this system by KYC. This will make many people with double accounts they will not be in accepting gifts from the bounty. the existence of this system of cheating during this mushrooming will be greatly reduced.

Yeah, it can really prevent cheaters to get in but hopefully KYC will be use in a good thing. Recently we heard about the date leak of facebook, it can also possible in KYC but lets all hope for the better. KYC is good if the project is good anyway.
Activity: 196
Merit: 20
April 13, 2018, 12:38:11 AM
KYC (know your clients) is important to determine the original people or the users of the account, it was used commonly by the bank. They do it as policy or regulatory of the bank to eliminate the fraudster or the people who having illegal source of income.
There's a lot of ways to conduct KYC and this is the following:
-Face to face communication, to get the information of the client.
-Thru phone call to ensure that the you talk is original they do it for validation.
-Thru videocall they do this if the people are in the overseas.
Pages:
Jump to: