Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Litecoin will always be a top 2 Crypto - page 3. (Read 8115 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
such hashrate , very secure

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
I cant wait to see BTC over 10K and LTC over 1K each.
This is not pie in the sky hopes, it will happen. Mark my words.

This can easily happen within the next 3 to 5 years.

I'm thinking it will be along that time frame as well!

I would love to see this!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

I'm thinking it will be along that time frame as well!

legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
WOW, Learnt a lot about Litecoin from this thread!

Keeping updated helps to ensure people will see this thread!

Good work and keep it up!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
People need to look at history.

Bitcoin's first ASIC hardware started shipping in January of 2013, when the price of Bitcoin was around $14 and virtually the only places you could spend it were the Silk Road and Wikileaks.

When the Winklevii (read: smart money) noticed the huge amount of money that was about to flow into dedicated hardware infrastructure for Bitcoin, they bought in big. They weren't alone. Tons of venture capital groups and investors started to take notice of it. Price boom. Increased media exposure. More price boom. Growth in adoption. All of this coming from the vote of confidence of ASIC manufacturers and miners. The block reward halving which lead to miner hoarding didn't hurt.

So here we are, and Litecoin is in almost exactly the same position Bitcoin was at to start 2013. Except that Litecoin doesn't have the negative press of the Silk Road/black market ties to overcome, it doesn't have to leap all the hurdles of policy and P.R. that Bitcoin did. In a lot of ways, Bitcoin has cleared a path for it. So the barriers that Bitcoin faced aren't all there, anymore. The only real hurdle Litecoin faces is getting itself off of Bitcoin's coattails.

If history repeats and the smart money follows the infrastructure money, we're going to see a lot of positive changes coming Litecoin's way over the next 12-18 months and beyond. I also don't think it's always going to be a year to a year and a half behind Bitcoin...at a certain point, when the public is educated enough about digital currency, the two can co-exist peacefully. But in this current climate of the "get rich quick" mentality, with people hoping for (or trying to create) bubbles in alt coins to profit from, Litecoin is a rock.
Litecoin 24 hour volume $ 1,306,188   
NXT  24 hour volume $ 60,987

which coin looks dead to you ?
Activity: 298
LTC is simply a difficulty magnet for merchants, it keeps their trades safe.

All the altcoins have so low difficulty compared to today's ASICs, that if you try trading with altcoin, you risk a double spending attack done by a single person from the basement.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
This is awesome
Activity: 76
Chickun arise!
Activity: 334
20/06/2014: Litecoin is the most traded cryptocurrency in the world

http://cryptocoins.co/litecoin-is-the-most-traded-cryptocurrency-in-the-world/

This bubble chart shows all cryptocoins and their total trading volume summarized of all exchanges for the last 24 hours on it. The volume is denominated in BTC. Other second currencies like USD, EUR and LTC are getting calculated back to BTC to show the right data. Traded Volume of Litecoin (30734 BTC) is 50% larger than Bitcoin (20566 BTC), as of 20/06.

'FUD WARNING - There seems to be a certain group who go around constantly spreading lies about Litecoin. Most of these new coins coming out are created by the same group who's sole purpose is to pump and dump the coin on you and get as many btc and ltc as they can. Users like 'DARKOTA' can not be trusted DYODD'
HOW TO BUY LITECOIN

Many people view litecoin as silver and bitcoin as gold, as it is the second largest cryptocurrency after bitcoin.

How to buy litecoin
Litecoin was developed as an alternative to bitcoin, to address some of bitcoin’s perceived shortcomings. It was designed to be ‘lightweight’ and more abundant than bitcoin. In addition, it uses scrypt hashing for its proof-of-work algorithm, which was aimed to make it impervious to ASIC mining, although several companies say they are planning to launch scrypt ASIC miners in the near future.

A total of 84 million litecoins can be produced on the network, which was designed to process blocks faster than bitcoin. If you would like to know a bit more about litecoin, then read this more detailed introduction on how to get started.

Some points of note before you buy litecoin:

Litecoin became an increasing magnet for speculators after bitcoin’s price surge in November 2013 caused people to look to other alternative digital currencies for potential gains.
Some experienced bitcoin investors are using litecoin as a hedge, while late adopters who did not buy into bitcoin view litecoin as their second chance to make a quick buck.
Seasoned bitcoin investors should have no trouble adapting to litecoin, but novice investors may not find it as easy, as the infrastructure is less established than that of bitcoin.
An alternative way of gaining litecoins is by mining them using standard computing equipment.
Always do your own research and do not risk anything you cannot afford to lose.
If you are aware of the risks, if you’ve done a lot of research and you are still willing to enter the litecoin market, there are a number of potential pitfalls and issues that need to be addressed.

Cash for litecoins or bitcoins for litecoins?

Buying litecoins is not as straightforward as buying bitcoins, but this is hardly surprising given the underdeveloped litecoin infrastructure. One of the easiest ways of buying litecoins is to simply purchase them with bitcoins – this approach also happens to be the fastest, and for most users it will be the cheapest option.

Anyone with a stash of bitcoins can easily use them to purchase litecoins on a number of exchanges:

BTC-e
Kraken
Cryptsy
Crypto-Trade
Others are listed on the Litecoin Wiki.
At present, one of the biggest issues facing litecoin is the lack of exchanges willing to deal in it.

There are roughly two dozen litecoin exchanges, but most of them only allow BTC/LTC conversions, making the buying process cumbersome. BTC-E, Bitfinex, Crypto-Trade and Kraken are selling litecoins for euros, dollars and roubles, but availability depends on your location. For example, UK investors can buy litecoins directly from Bittylicious and BitBargain with a domestic banking transfer, but this is not the case in most countries.

You can buy litecoins for fiat on these exchanges:

BTC-e
Bitfinex
Crypto-Trade
Kraken
BitBargain UK
Bittlylicious UK

You may think the most straightforward way to purchase would be to buy litecoin via fiat wire transfer using an exchange, but this can be a tedious process for a number of reasons. Some major bitcoin exchanges like BTC China and Coinbase do not handle litecoin transactions at present.

Speed is the most obvious advantage of using bitcoin to buy litecoin. In theory, it should take just a few minutes, whereas international wire transfers can take days to clear and potentially incur additional costs. The limited number of litecoin exchanges means that the vast majority of potential investors have to rely on international transfers.

An alternative is to buy bitcoin locally, forgoing the hassle of wiring money abroad, and converting it into litecoin. The upside is that you will get your bitcoin sooner and possibly get a better price when you convert it, provided litecoin’s value keeps going up. The downside? You are likely to pay more for bitcoin if you are limited to the local market.

That said, the choice of litecoin wallets is rather limited compared to those available for bitcoin. Most users choose to use the official Litecoin-Qt desktop client, but it has its fair share of foibles, including reported syncing issues. There is also Litecoin Electrum in Beta.

It should be noted that quite a few online wallets charge users for transactions and even plain storage, so be sure to read the fine print.

For longer-term cold storage, you may want to setup a litecoin paper wallet.

It is also possible to get credit card-quality ‘paper wallet’ cards from Crypto Coin Wallet Cards, while a few smaller companies like CryptoVest are already selling physical litecoins or coin holograms.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/information/buy-litecoins/

'FUD WARNING - There seems to be a certain group who go around constantly spreading lies about Litecoin. Most of these new coins coming out are created by the same group who's sole purpose is to pump and dump the coin on you and get as many btc and ltc as they can. Users like 'DARKOTA' can not be trusted DYODD'
Spend some of your Litecoins:

https://cryptothrift.com
CryptoThrift is an Australian based Bitcoin and Litecoin  marketplace and auction site. We operate globally and have over 5,000 registered users and over 1,500 unique buyer as of the 1st of May 2014 after 6 months of operation.

CryptoThrift provides a secure way to exchange goods and services for Bitcoin and/or Litecoin with our secured automated escrow service. We use semi-automated hot and cold storage to secure users funds and maintain security of our wallets. We also utilize great security and CDN services such as CloudFlare and MaxCDN.

We exchange partnership with other crypto services such as BitPos, an Australian based market leader in Bitcoin POS system, and yPool, an alt coin mining pool with thousands of users worldwide.

www.uselitecoin.com

What about some beautiful physical Litecoins?

www.gawminers.com - Litecoin Asic
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco
Really liked reading this thread.  I love how quickly litecoin gets confirmations compared to bitcoin.  My wallet updates so much faster.
I hope to see BTC/LTC and a third crypto succeed.

Litecoin has huge potential. Bitcoin is great and I own both but the transaction times with Litecoin makes a big difference.

Try buying something with Litecoin. Then do the same with Bitcoin.

This thread is great: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18792.0
Activity: 107
Cookie...Cookie.
Litecoin has huge potential Just a couple of things need to happen and all the garbage will be dispelled
Bump
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
Yeah alot of FUD being spread from those alts that want 10 seconds of fame so the devs and their associated pump teams can dump.

Here is yet another fact that LTC doent do, pump and dump. (well we do pump lol).

As Saigonsmokes pointed out, we are working on quite a few initiatives that will help out LTC and for the greater good Crypto's in general.
Pages:
Jump to: