Pages:
Author

Topic: Why most crypto projects' team members are made public these days? - page 3. (Read 321 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
It will not affect the decentralization of the entire crypto, with my reasons;

Point 1: Bitcoin stands as a symbol of hope and trust in the entire crypto industry. perhaps the founders of Bitcoin were just known as Satoshi nakamoto but real identity is not known till today, yet Bitcoin keeps pushing up. The only way the entire crypto industry would be affected is when Bitcoin is no longer Trading or the price dumps remarkably (maybe price dump to $10 or $100). Bitcoin holds the industry and only Bitcoin can pull it down.

Point 2: Every exchange list Bitcoin today without any application (LOL), what most of this current projects fails to understand is strategy!! (Strategy to win)

Point 3: In 2009 Bitcoin was $0, 2011 it managed to get up to $1.0 and so on. But today, an average investor can not buy up to 2 Bitcoin, again every exchange wants to list Bitcoin without application.

Team and project devs of this days are concerned with investment and quick growth of their project, that's why identity are not private again (they forget the true definition of decentralization).  The team behind Bitcoin did not fear anything, they were just concerned about the value they created which they wish will turn out a good virtue one day and it did. If current projects can adopt the strategy, it will be better. But definitely the decentralization of the entire crypto industry would not affected unless Bitcoin stops to shine light of gold..

These 👆👆👆 are my opinion sir, thanks.
Activity: 135
Merit: 49
Currently projects are no longer experimental. They depend on investments from VC companies, Headge fund and individual investors. They are coordinated by a foundation that has high costs.

These are not hacker projects. They are companies. With the amount of scams it is much more likely that investors are interested in projects where it is possible to know their maintainers and developers than projects conducted anonymously.

Bitcoin was revolutionary. And that's why today it doesn't matter who created it. A decentralized project has no owner.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I've noticed that most crypto projects have team members which are publicly known by the public. Projects like Ethereum, Cardano, Terra, and others have founders whose identities are known by everyone around the world. Wasn't Bitcoin designed by an unknown person (or group of persons) named Satoshi Nakamoto? If the pioneer cryptocurrency project has been widely successful without anyone knowing who the founder ever was, then why can't other projects do the same? I was surprised to see some centralized exchanges asking for the names of team members just to list a new coin. With ever increasing KYC/AML measures, I'm afraid the days where an unknown person launches a new crypto project are over.

What are your thoughts about this? Will this greatly affect the decentralization of the whole crypto/Blockchain industry? If not, why? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: