Pages:
Author

Topic: Why must be SEGWIT ? - page 2. (Read 956 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 255
July 11, 2017, 04:38:50 AM
because hardfork lıke bıtcoın unlımıted makes 2 dıfferent coın.

there are a lot of things wrong with bitcoin unlimited but what you said is not it. any fork can lead to a split and 2 different coins. it has little to do with it being hard fork or soft fork and mostly it has to do with the amount of support they can get.

if any fork has the "overwhelming support" then there won't be any splits (like the previous hard fork that bitcoin had) and if it doesn't have that support then there will be a split like BIP148 which is a soft fork.

If am not wrong, the exact percentage was 80. So I guess it is overwhelming support. There are only few people who are still against the segwit so I don't think there will be 2 main coins after August 1.
Even if the percentage of support would be lower, nothing will change. None of the participants of the market of bitcoins doesn't want his division. Everything will be fine. And of course speculators will try to earn on a panic, so maybe the price will drop to 1 August.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 11, 2017, 04:33:47 AM
Well, now i understand why there should be SEGWIT   Cool Cool
Thanks Everyone for answering my question  Wink Wink
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
July 11, 2017, 04:32:11 AM
I think if it was the original concept of segwit people would not panic at all but they added some extra feature to the code in the bitcoin scaling solution Segwit2x and that will be hardfork in the bitcoin crypto currency obviously there should be no two different coins in bitcoin cause the other one would just only get pump and dump. As people would only sell it and invest there money to the other BTC coin. Even though segwit2x would never be activated bitcoin would still run but it will fix some problems and improved the bitcoin transaction and it will also eliminate malleability that's been a problem of bitcoin for a very long time.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
July 11, 2017, 04:22:48 AM

there are a lot of things wrong with bitcoin unlimited but what you said is not it. any fork can lead to a split and 2 different coins. it has little to do with it being hard fork or soft fork and mostly it has to do with the amount of support they can get.

if any fork has the "overwhelming support" then there won't be any splits (like the previous hard fork that bitcoin had) and if it doesn't have that support then there will be a split like BIP148 which is a soft fork.

If am not wrong, the exact percentage was 80. So I guess it is overwhelming support. There are only few people who are still against the segwit so I don't think there will be 2 main coins after August 1.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
July 11, 2017, 04:15:46 AM

Activity: 1288
Merit: 645
July 11, 2017, 04:10:55 AM
ı thınk ıf somethıng wıll happen to bıtcoın thıs should be segwıt . because hardfork lıke bıtcoın unlımıted makes 2 dıfferent coın. what you gonna do wıth 2 dıfferent coın. for exampla what polo wıll do. wıll there be 2 dıfferent tradıng lıke btc/all altcoıns and btc unlımıted/all altcoıns. that meams just fuck the system. all dıes. other optıon ıs btc/btc unlımıted tradıng. that makes btc unlımıted just and alt coın. another fuckıng system.

there cant be 2 maın coın. tryıng to create 2 maın coın just fuck all system.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
July 11, 2017, 03:48:18 AM
yes bitcoin can continue to function without SegWit and if it never activates it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

but with SegWit a lot of things will change. there are lots of benefits that we will get because of it.
the most obvious one that everyone is looking forward to is the capacity increase and the Malleability Fixes. [1]
also there is all the befits of lightning network which you can read here [2] [3]

in other words if we want to improve for the future we need it.

[1] https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/
[2] https://lightning.network/
[3] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Lightning_Network
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Blockchain Technology launches Smart ICO Tracker
July 11, 2017, 03:44:35 AM
Because bitcoin has encountered block size limitations. The number of transactions in the network bitcoin has grown, and a block of the same size - this slows down its growth. I think so.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 11, 2017, 03:31:06 AM
as we are know, now everyone is panicking about segwit 1 August, bitcoin and altcoin price go down drastic  Angry
So my question why there should be segwit ?  Huh Whether bitcoin can not run without segwit ?  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: