Pages:
Author

Topic: Why new crypto enthusiasts have to repeat losses by scammers again? - page 2. (Read 278 times)

Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.
there be a special thread or section to prevent new investors or newbies from scammers, so they can apply the knowledge and experiences from people willing to share their learnings, experiences, tricks, or even expose those scammers here, so new people can avoid losing their time and money.
I think this board still has some important threads to read on for awareness of not to be scammed. There are a lot of numerous threads and articles lurking on the internet on how to avoid, how to spot a potential scammer and so forth. If I'm to put my money on some kind of investment I'd rather study it first, ask someone and really do further research on the legitimacy of a certain project, not just diving on it at first thought because they said that you'll earn a massive cashback guaranteed daily/weekly/monthly from them, that's for sure a red-flag.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
Some of those who got scammed are not familiar with a forum like this. Most investors are mostly lurking on telegram and that's where the place most newbies got scammed.

I read many reports on Scam Accusation about being scammed by telegram. The case here is the scammer impersonate most admins of project and they will entertain you like if you need help then later down to asking some payment or whatever.

We should always remind them dont trust stranger and be resourceful to search what the project they are investing. Aside from bitcoin most of the new ones are likely to be scam. So better we must warn them always.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
With all these many years after bitcoin was first launched since 2009 and until today, it can easily there be a special thread or section to prevent new investors or newbies from scammers, so they can apply the knowledge and experiences from people willing to share their learnings, experiences, tricks, or even expose those scammers here, so new people can avoid losing their time and money. There is no reason why new generations have to loose in the same way others did already. As a whole community that sharing knowledge is possible!!

If I'm not mistaken there is a board here: Scam Accusations. A lot of forum members are contributing in exposing those scammers and I see comments as well on how not to fell for this trap. So I'm not sure if that is one board, besides B&H that you are looking for.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 696
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
There is no reason why new generations have to loose in the same way others did already.

Not all new crypto users can be scammed, and not all old crypto users can avoid scammers.
This is a matter of personality. The thread that you mean is still difficult to spread seeing scammers have many ways to find the next victim. If someone can further enhance curiosity and reduce greed, they won't end tragically. They'll do more research and gather information from various parties as much as possible on new coins where suspicious information (if any) won't be included by the scammer in the presentation.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
There is no reason why new generations have to loose in the same way others did already. As a whole community that sharing knowledge is possible!!

Sure. But unfortunately not a lot of people are fond of actually reading and doing research. Heck, even Bitcointalk members still gets scammed and hacked. The reason why we see a lot of posts concerning scams and security in general, is to hopefully decrease the number of people that get scammed/hacked.

Even with one single topic post, if it manages to teach even only one single person about security, I'd say it's already worth it. Unfortunately sometimes we need to shove things down people's throats for them to realize how important security(and privacy) is.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour, link below at signature.
With all these many years after bitcoin was first launched since 2009 and until today, it can easily there be a special thread or section to prevent new investors or newbies from scammers, so they can apply the knowledge and experiences from people willing to share their learnings, experiences, tricks, or even expose those scammers here, so new people can avoid losing their time and money. There is no reason why new generations have to loose in the same way others did already. As a whole community that sharing knowledge is possible!!
Pages:
Jump to: