Pages:
Author

Topic: Why no bitcoin swap on Trust - page 2. (Read 381 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
July 12, 2022, 06:51:55 AM
As @mk4 has already pointed out you can't directly swap altcoins for bitcoin as the native chain is different for both of them.Like you can't swap ETH to BTC as the pair is not available and they have different on chain but like you can swap ERC-20 tokens for each other as they are on the same chain and Binance chain native tokens to each other but not to some other chain.

So you have to go through buying some bitcoin through exchange and then transfer them to non custodial wallet or hardware wallets as these CEX are not safe at all.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
July 12, 2022, 06:48:15 AM
On-chain swaps on Trust wallet(and the likes of Uniswap, Pancakeswap, etc) are for tokens, and bitcoin is not a token (while the likes of WBTC are). Bitcoin has it's own native blockchain that it doesn't share with these smart contract chains.

If you'd like "real" Bitcoin(BTC), buy some on an exchange.

There are some DEX which allow you to swap across different blockchains, and receive BTC not wBTC, such as https://thorswap.finance/

They are expensive, but I believe they can be trusted.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3816
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
July 12, 2022, 02:47:15 AM
On-chain swaps on Trust wallet(and the likes of Uniswap, Pancakeswap, etc) are for tokens, and bitcoin is not a token (while the likes of WBTC are). Bitcoin has it's own native blockchain that it doesn't share with these smart contract chains.

If you'd like "real" Bitcoin(BTC), buy some on an exchange.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 328
July 12, 2022, 02:25:07 AM

Am trying to swap an altcoin for Bitcoin on my Trust Wallet app but I can not find that option. I can swap for other tokens but not bitcoin. But I get to find related tokens with bitcoin tags like Wrapped Bitcoin, BBTC, BTCB, and I know they are not bitcoin because none of the addresses are the real bitcoin kind of address. I can find bitcoin in Trust Wallet and can transfer same to my wallet from other wallets but why can I not swap another token to it like I can do with others on Trust Wallet? Am not looking to buy with fiat as that is the only option there. Does anyone know how I can overcome this?

Pages:
Jump to: