Pages:
Author

Topic: Why no one creates bitcoin v2 to allow new users to join the bitcoin wagon? - page 2. (Read 226 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 957
Bitcoin is more than just source code.

It's the whole network of people involved in it, running nodes, mining it, etc.

You can of course copy and paste the source code, but you can't just copy and paste the entire Bitcoin network of people and devices that have been running for more than a decade.

Bitcoin is digital scarcity, a concept that wasn't invented until 2009.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
There have been more than 19400 cryptocurrencies but strangely no one has come with an idea to restart bitcoin so to allow new users to buy and mine it from the start. We already know that 4 million or more have been lost. What stops a computer programmer to copy the entire bitcoin code and change only the limit from 21million to 20 million.
 What stops the average crypto user to not to invest in it?

Yes there have been forks like bitcoin cash or bitcoin sv but they dont start from 0

Satoshi himself stated that bitcoin is only one of the first, there might be superior versions of a cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin is unique because it's completely decentralized and it's completely in the community's hands. If someone starts a new bitcoin it's already something centralized, and I don't see a single reason why the whole community should change their side. During the years we had also forks like Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Satoshi Vision and I don't remember what else, did they take bitcoin's place? No.

Anyway you're completely free to start your own bitcoin.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag

I've read about it that satoshi meant BTC to be a test but the miners didn't stop. So whats there is there and  here we are now.

If we start BTCv2, should they start with GPU? Because that would make it fair to all who are interested in mining BTC v2. But it wouldn't kill the real BTC though, those miners who had built their ASIC farms today wouldn't mind and they will just go on mining BTC while this BTC v2 not adopted.

It's because it doesn't really make sense to have a Bitcoin ver 2.0 and start from scratch. What will it accomplished?.

And that's why we have this forks that you have mentioned, and as you can see neither anyone of the becoming successful as BTC.

What about billions of people who missed the bandwagon? Not to mention 4 million or so Lost BTC.

There are lots of altcoins today which there 19400 cryptocurrencies to choose from. They may be adopted way faster than the BTCv2.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
There have been more than 19400 cryptocurrencies but strangely no one has come to an idea to restart bitcoin so to allow new users to buy and mine it from the start.
That is not bitcoin v2 or anything you called it, it would just be an altcoin.

What stops a computer programmer to copy the entire bitcoin code and change only the limit from 21million to 20 million.
If bitcoin supply should be changed, it has to be proposed and majority of bitcoin community (I mean the miners) would have to support this before it can happen. Bitcoin should remain 21 million. Bitcoin has limited supply and it is deflationary, no need of altering the supply like centralized coins like ethereum and binance coin.

Yes there have been forks like bitcoin cash or bitcoin sv but they dont start from 0
You mentioned already, that they are forks. Bitcoin cash is a hardfork of bitcoin while bitcoin sv is a hardfork of bitcoin cash. They are also all altcoins. You can start your own altcoin project that will have total supply of 21 million but it would also be an altcoin, not bitcoin.

Satoshi himself stated that bitcoin is only one of the first, there might be superior versions of a cryptocurrency.
I do not know about that and that is probably incorrect, but bitcoin remain the superior as of now.
Activity: 107
Merit: 50
It's because it doesn't really make sense to have a Bitcoin ver 2.0 and start from scratch. What will it accomplished?.

And that's why we have this forks that you have mentioned, and as you can see neither anyone of the becoming successful as BTC.

What about billions of people who missed the bandwagon? Not to mention 4 million or so Lost BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

Activity: 107
Merit: 50
There have been more than 19400 cryptocurrencies but strangely no one has come with an idea to restart bitcoin so to allow new users to buy and mine it from the start. We already know that 4 million or more have been lost. What stops a computer programmer to copy the entire bitcoin code and change only the limit from 21million to 20 million.
 What stops the average crypto user to not to invest in it?

Pages:
Jump to: