Pages:
Author

Topic: why not a new one? - page 3. (Read 387 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!
April 09, 2024, 04:13:03 PM
Bitcoin was the very first successful cryptocurrency, and every other altcoin took the idea of Bitcoin to create their own coins with the same or different user cases. It's been 15 years now since Bitcoin was developed, but yet there's no blockchain technology (coin) that has ever ride on Bitcoin, which means that Bitcoin has always been the waymaker in the crypto market for 15 years now, and there is no original idea to surpass it. Have you heard about Bitcoin SV? Posing to have a better coin than Bitcoin but yet cannot be compared to the original coin. 

I am not against any technology coming up that can do better in the aspect of becoming a very great source of investment for individuals, even better than Bitcoin, but I doubt if that technology is going to be a crypto-related project because so many projects have tried to copy Bitcoin but have not succeeded, perhaps, I don't thinks anyone can be able to sacrifice what Satoshi have sacrificed for us.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
April 09, 2024, 03:49:32 PM
~snipe~
I don’t know what you think altcoins are or even forks but, should you be looking at for them, you could find them on just about any exchange you visit, ain’t nothing out of place about that.

If your idea is that, somehow the influence of Bitcoin and its place in the cryptospace would be contested by some fork or altcoin, you would be very well mistaken. That ain’t going to happen as there are benefits that comes with being the pioneer to a field and that’s what Bitcoin enjoys the most today plus, it’s decentralized and highly user involved consensus nature in maintaining the integrity of the network.

But, I guess this isn’t the main intent is it.
Perhaps those who didn’t get in earlier enough seems to hope for a better opportunity in another coin under the name of swift transactions. You could always seek that out in altcoins but, know the risk otherwise, your best option remains to buy Bitcoin as we still at its early phases.
Activity: 700
Merit: 429
April 09, 2024, 03:37:47 PM
Mate you are not the first person to think about that.

Many altcoins compare themselves to be like bitcoin or say that they will be the next bitcoin but it never happens and that is because at this point no once can replicate bitcoin’s value. They can try and create bitcoin’s blockchain and probably succeed at it but to release it and have people prefer that over the original one would just be impossible.

Bitcoin did not gain all of this over a night. It took many years to build this community and this trust.

The first point of suspension for me with those projects that proclaim that they want to replace Bitcoin is in their attempt to replace an already successful project like Bitcoin instead of trying to build they own ecosystem to help the grow into a fitting alternative instead of trying to take over.

We can easily support any project that promises to provide a better alternatives in the market, since Bitcoin is already performing excellently right now and for that we are not looking replacement and any developer that want to contribute should be in form of enhancing the scalability of the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
April 09, 2024, 10:54:51 AM
let's say I as a person created the "X" coin with a new consensus mechanism like POP (proof of performance) or PoW itself and an enhanced transaction speed with more no of transactions per block by creating a set of master blocks interconnected with the traditional blocks of the same size 4Mb, with predetermined values already stored inside the master block as a cash-register and once a transaction is initiated a block records on the ledger and the master ledger already initiated the transaction, just waits for the confirmation from the block. I think this will reduce the time per transaction and make the blocks ready in less time for the next transaction initiation, and this can greatly enhance the 7 transactions --> 200+ maybe transactions. I don't know just saying, that even people who are involved with the development of Bitcoin will disagree with me in creating a new cryptocurrency like this.

That’s like a new coin to solve transaction issues, I think bitcoin cash developers has same thought as you have and they went ahead to increase their own block size to 32MB and repercussions which many were scared off is that bitcoin security is much better than that of bitcoin cash as it requires more computational power. From your own perspective I see you wish to have the transaction on another block before the main transaction is confirmed which is still achievable with the like of lightning network or better still we have a soft fork of segwit which helps to increase the number of transactions in a block due to the segregation or separation of the witness from transaction details.

Your idea will be brushed off if it is seen to be not secure enough and by moving to your the POP mechanism I doubt many might trust it
Activity: 700
Merit: 521
April 09, 2024, 10:29:43 AM
Why not a person with the same motivation and the intention to create a new enhanced Bitcoin ( ofc their alternative name ) just with the features and stuff, launch this new coin protocol, and also keep its supply limited just like the Bitcoin?

It won't looks funny that you're also trying to create another scene in addition to that we already had with the likes of bitcoin cash among others, if you think you can make it, then why not give a try, others that already made same are part of the constitutes we are having with the numbers of altcoins we are having today, do you also want to give a try on something new or join with others in creating the same alts.

I don't know just saying, that even people who are involved with the development of Bitcoin will disagree with me in creating a new cryptocurrency like this.                                                

If you truly have something reasonable to offer, the bitcoin community will not castigate you, instead support you, you're not after all competing with bitcoin, instead bringing out something new to the people.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
April 09, 2024, 10:04:06 AM
Why not a person with the same motivation and the intention to create a new enhanced Bitcoin ( ofc their alternative name ) just with the features and stuff, launch this new coin protocol, and also keep its supply limited just like the Bitcoin? let's say I as a person created the "X" coin
We have hundreds of shit coins like this with Bitcoin in their names.

How many Bitcoin forks are there? Most of Bitcoin forks are dead coins.
How Many Bitcoin Forks Are There? You will be surprised!!!

if you like the idea, you can PM me and also donate to this address.
What? Do you want to be tagged?

You can add your Bitcoin address to your profile. It's not good to beg for donation in any post. Lastly, this idea is not new and it is terrible.

Ok and I am sorry I am new here just learning stuff. Ok I’ve got one question for you. what unique feature you want to see in this crypto ecosystem
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173
Professional Community manager
April 09, 2024, 09:58:24 AM
If a developer actually succeeds in improving on Bitcoin and develops a superior technology which fills all the gaps Bitcoin currently has, their creation will be accepted and with time thrive in the market.

There is no limitation to altcoins in terms of market reach or resources. Only there are very little original ideas and devs not in it solely for some quick profit.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 09, 2024, 09:54:11 AM
Mate you are not the first person to think about that.

Many altcoins compare themselves to be like bitcoin or say that they will be the next bitcoin but it never happens and that is because at this point no once can replicate bitcoin’s value. They can try and create bitcoin’s blockchain and probably succeed at it but to release it and have people prefer that over the original one would just be impossible.

Bitcoin did not gain all of this over a night. It took many years to build this community and this trust.

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
April 09, 2024, 09:47:17 AM
Why not a person with the same motivation and the intention to create a new enhanced Bitcoin ( ofc their alternative name ) just with the features and stuff, launch this new coin protocol, and also keep its supply limited just like the Bitcoin? let's say I as a person created the "X" coin
We have hundreds of shit coins like this with Bitcoin in their names.

How many Bitcoin forks are there? Most of Bitcoin forks are dead coins.
How Many Bitcoin Forks Are There? You will be surprised!!!

if you like the idea, you can PM me and also donate to this address.
What? Do you want to be tagged?

You can add your Bitcoin address to your profile. It's not good to beg for donation in any post. Lastly, this idea is not new and it is terrible.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
April 09, 2024, 09:43:52 AM
Why not a person with the same motivation and the intention to create a new enhanced Bitcoin ( ofc their alternative name ) just with the features and stuff, launch this new coin protocol, and also keep its supply limited just like the Bitcoin? let's say I as a person created the "X" coin with a new consensus mechanism like POP (proof of performance) or PoW itself and an enhanced transaction speed with more no of transactions per block by creating a set of master blocks interconnected with the traditional blocks of the same size 4Mb, with predetermined values already stored inside the master block as a cash-register and once a transaction is initiated a block records on the ledger and the master ledger already initiated the transaction, just waits for the confirmation from the block. I think this will reduce the time per transaction and make the blocks ready in less time for the next transaction initiation, and this can greatly enhance the 7 transactions --> 200+ maybe transactions. I don't know just saying, that even people who are involved with the development of Bitcoin will disagree with me in creating a new cryptocurrency like this.

Pages:
Jump to: