Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Not To Use Mobile Altcoin Wallet - But Use Desktop Wallet - page 2. (Read 121 times)

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
Mobile altcoin wallets are not safe, because there are viruses and malware targeting mobile phones. The best way would be use desktop wallet versions. Also antivirus soft are mainly developed for desktop.
I could say that they are somewhat safe and i've been making use of these wallets for how many years and i dont have any problems nor have some history or incident of hacked funds.
When it comes to Bitcoin wallet then im using up Electrum App on Playstore and Myetherwallet for erc20 and trustwallet extension in Chrome.
I dont have any problems and ive been using these things as long you do know on how to keep your device safe.Just like the rest been saying for adding up more layer of protection
then installing AV is recommended, dont click up random links and dont make up some random downloads.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Mobile altcoin wallets are not safe, because there are viruses and malware targeting mobile phones. The best way would be use desktop wallet versions. Also antivirus soft are mainly developed for desktop.
FYI, either its IOS or android its not going to be affected by viruses but malwares and phishing attacks are the major cause for losing money while using smartphones and the reason is simple people use their smartphones more than their desktop so they are unaware of what they are clicking or installing which cause them loss.

Using desktop version isn't safe either and virus can affect the desktop easily even with best anti virus installed so don't take it for granted and make sure you're installing the wallet from original source and increase your knowledge about how to avoid attacks of hackers.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 412
One of the campaign managers here named julerz12 has been hacked recently and he's been using Electrum's desktop version https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ive-been-hacked-electrum-432-5433643 You may be right on adding anti-virus as an added layer of protection since julerz12 didn't have one on his computer. I just posted that to serve as a lesson for every reader.

Desktop wallets are probably less vulnerable in comparison to mobile version but don't be too complacent just because you're using the former. Practice the best security and aim to have a cold or hardware wallet if you can afford one.
Activity: 67
Merit: 8
Pages:
Jump to: