Pages:
Author

Topic: Why not treat Core/Blockstream Lightning/Segwit like an Alt? - page 3. (Read 2194 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
SegWit would only be an "altcoin" if there was a hardfork with two surviving chains.
Altcoins, in the OPs intention, are only created by hardforks. Softforks can't make altcoins.

yes they can
and thats where the fake sales pitch of the reddit script writers have fooled you

by only talking about the best case scenario of soft
and worse case of hard.. but not mentioning all the options
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
There's only one Bitcoin and its abbreviation is BTC, not BU. It's clear that you're shilling for a fork. Why not discuss this in altcoin section since you fork Bitcoin you created an altcoin. Wink
These Bitcoin Unlimited altcoin supporters might want to change their strategy since it's not useful here.

Segwit is a fork too.  So segwitcoin would be an altcoin right?

SegWit would only be an "altcoin" if there was a hardfork with two surviving chains.
Altcoins, in the OPs intention, are only created by hardforks. Softforks can't make altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
There's only one Bitcoin and its abbreviation is BTC, not BU. It's clear that you're shilling for a fork. Why not discuss this in altcoin section since you fork Bitcoin you created an altcoin. Wink
These Bitcoin Unlimited altcoin supporters might want to change their strategy since it's not useful here.

Segwit is a fork too.  So segwitcoin would be an altcoin right?
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
legendary
Becouse Bitcoin is the legit one, not like this BU that is a joke with lot of bugs and issues.. I am an amateur talking here but history shown that people want the safe side not the bug side..

you think core is perfect..
hmmm 8 years of orphans - https://blockchain.info/orphaned-blocks  (if perfect there should never be a orphan)
major orphan event in 2013

even now
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues

oh and need we forget. if core is soo perfect then segwit is not needed because there is nothing to "fix"

20 billion dollar and say: Go have fun I don't care what you do with my money..
you do know there is not actually 20 billion in fiat sat around in bank accounts with bitcoins name on it
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
Maybe we should just accept that everything will be called an altcoin if BU forks away, there is no objective original when there's no agreement on which it is.

Does it matter? I want the best coin, not the bit coin.
legendary
We can have both. core wants to attack any chain which isn't BU though.

Obviously supporters of each side are going to call the other side the "altcoin".

remember core have been REKTing xt, classic, bu and bitcoinj

yet BU want consensus of all diverse nodes working together.
its core with the ban hammer and blackmails (bip9, UASF, PoW algo change) not the other way round
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Becouse Bitcoin is the legit one, not like this BU that is a joke with lot of bugs and issues.. I am an amateur talking here but history shown that people want the safe side not the bug side..

BU wont survive, just look how bug it is, I said before and I will say again: BU is like you have a son and you are on disneyland with your son and you give your son 20 billion dollar and say: Go have fun I don't care what you do with my money.. that is BUg unlimited
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010
We can have both. BU wants to attack any chain which isn't BU though.

Obviously supporters of each side are going to call the other side the "altcoin".
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
When we can have both btc (BU) and Core/Blockstream (BCB) co exist, why not treat Core like another Altcoin similar to the real Bitcoin (BU)?.

Why can't both compliment each other?

Core will be an alt coin if it changes the hashing algo.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
When we can have both btc (BU) and Core/Blockstream (BCB) co exist, why not treat Core like another Altcoin similar to the real Bitcoin (BU)?.

I find this whole "its an altcoin thing really stupid"  to me if a fork has the transaction history of what we call bitcoin now then how is it an altcoin?  i might not like the fork but i cannot say it is an altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

Pages:
Jump to: