Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people says gold is better? - page 79. (Read 11686 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 03:53:01 AM
Gold has long been used as a hedge, so some people who don't know bitcoin, who don't know the blockchain, think bitcoin is a hoax, and they think the real thing is believable.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
December 26, 2017, 03:48:12 AM
Hi,

I don't think so why we compare Gold and Bitcoin. They are two different concepts. If one is north and the another one is south.

Second Gold is a standard currency & legalized in all world. On the other hand Bitcoin is digital currency and even not legalized in all over the world.

Third gold is a precious metal and it will stored in lockers but you cannot use it directly to pay in markets and not easy to transfer any where. On the other hand Bitcoin is digital currency which makes u rich even in shortest time and there are some places it will use directly to pay bills and send all over the world very easily.

Both have there own concepts & market. So we don't think why peoples comparing it and says Gold is better.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
December 26, 2017, 03:45:18 AM
Gold is a lot different than Bitcoin as it does not rely on technology or upgrades for it to retain its value. Therefore, it is a solid and constant place where you can store your money.
Maybe because bitcoin is always fluctuating in its value unlike gold every months the value of bitcoin is continuously increasing, while in bitcoin is also increasing its value but goes down sometimes. For me there are both good to hold and good to investment because it can give more profit.
Activity: 322
Merit: 23
December 26, 2017, 03:35:47 AM
people believe in gold, because they can touch it, they can see it. it warms their soul. my parents and friends are laughing at me. I believe in bitcoin. but I also like gold earrings)
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
December 26, 2017, 03:14:08 AM
gold is better because people have know how precious it. of you compare with bitcoin gold is precious metal and the value is never go down in fact keep rising up. but bitcoin is the virtual thing that suddenly appear and become some thing precious. if you thingking like ordinary people that don't know about bitcoin i believe you will says gold is better
Activity: 590
Merit: 258
December 26, 2017, 03:07:05 AM
The reason behind why there are some people says that gold is better than bitcoin is gold serves more things in this world. 
This precious metal use in different varieties and most common in jewelries.  Gold reserves more value than anyone else. 
Once the value of any currency does not recognize due inflation gold is the legal tender that will be use in all commercial transaction.
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
December 25, 2017, 06:53:29 PM
Gold is a lot different than Bitcoin as it does not rely on technology or upgrades for it to retain its value. Therefore, it is a solid and constant place where you can store your money.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
December 25, 2017, 06:52:04 PM
Because it is physical and human nature loves physical things.
And also the tenure of gold in this world is really long enough to say that gold is better, centuries or thousands or millions of years - gold has been existing.

But there are people who are also loving those things that are good and looking forward for the things that are innovating and one of it is bitcoin.

We can't say that majority or most of the people will say gold is better but for people that are into crypto's, it's obvious they'll say bitcoin is better.
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
December 25, 2017, 06:46:13 PM
Some people think gold is better because it's actually used in products, like jewelry. But for a payment method like Bitcoin is, it isn't better at all. If you would use gold as a means of payment you would have to weigh and break it to the right mass to actually pay exact amounts directly, without converting. You don't have to convert your Bitcoin to fiat to pay for goods or services, as many suppliers accept Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
December 25, 2017, 05:57:45 PM
Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

Humans use gold since the ancient times so you can't blame those who still believe its importance in the economy. Gold is tangible there is a significant number of people that still skeptic to cryptocurrency. They feel more secure and its value seems more "real" in their own perspective.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
December 25, 2017, 05:36:01 PM
Why people says gold is better?

Because it is physical and human nature loves physical things.
Activity: 392
Spanish Translator
December 25, 2017, 05:35:02 PM
It´s because they are two very different types of investment. Gold is a safe, little risk and little reward investment, where you know that you will keep winning some money steadily. On the other hand, crypto is a high risk and high reward investment, where you know that you can get greats profits but it´s possible to lose everything. So what is better depends on your personality and how much risk you are willing to take.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
December 25, 2017, 05:34:24 PM
People make that comment because they believe that gold is without doubt a very safe and stable investment when compared to bitcoins with its volatility and instability.They have confidence that an investment into gold will not see your money going to waste at all whiles they are afraid that bitcoin may crash at any time.
Activity: 336
December 25, 2017, 05:27:13 PM
Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

It's the matter of time and preference. Think of any classic song you like: that is gold. Bitcoin on the other hand is the newly yet really good song you hear in every FM stations. Now imagine you are born in the 80s era and proud of your greatest hits then some dude with electric music comes. You'll be insecure and defend that yours will always be the classic.
Activity: 161
December 25, 2017, 05:20:58 PM
Bitcoin has become very popular lately, but most people do not know about Bitcoin.
Not knowing it eventually became an excuse not to trust Bitcoin.
People think gold is safe because it has a stable price (although it fluctuates a bit).
Another thing that matters most is that people who buy Bitcoin always have the fear that the price can go down anytime when buying gold will never cause such fear.
Activity: 353
Merit: 100
December 25, 2017, 04:36:38 PM

Well they say that gold is better because it is a lifetime investment for generations already. It is something that we can hold all our life phisically. It is something that we can honor our grandchildren. It is never fading and never ending. As long as we have it , we'll never have a doubt of losing it
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
December 25, 2017, 04:13:37 PM
Gold is completely different from the bitcoin or other virtual currencies. With gold, we can have the secure system, as it functions under a centralized system. When it comes to bitcoin, it is completely on decentralized platform as well doesn't have the physical state. This makes gold to be better, though bitcoin is highly profiting.

Yes, but mostly people compare gold with bitcoin and it is because they think that investors use gold for earning then same thing is happen in bitcoin and investors use bitcoin as a profit wise. But it is right both have different with each other. May be in USA people like gold than bitcoin, but i realize most of the investors and traders like bitcoin than gold.
Activity: 346
December 24, 2017, 08:10:10 AM
gold was more likely to have a stable price then bitcoin. And gold was good for make a long term investment rather then bitcoin. bitcoin to me is more a gamble then an investment for a short term. profit sell just like that.
Activity: 154
December 24, 2017, 07:58:58 AM
People prefer gold and say that gold is better, because it is more popular than bitcoin; this has been known since then. Its value is more valued than anything else.
Activity: 484
December 24, 2017, 06:17:31 AM
The price of gold is more stable than bitcoin and does not fluctuate like bitcoin. As you can see in a week the bitcoin price has dropped by more than $ 4,000 but gold still has its price so it's better than bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: