Pages:
Author

Topic: why should anyone invest in btc right now? - page 8. (Read 5769 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
September 16, 2016, 09:02:26 AM
There is absolutely no reason for you to invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
September 16, 2016, 08:54:29 AM
Is there really a future for it?  Where would btc be used instead of your traditional cashless money via debit/credit cards etc?
Debit/Credit money is not exactly cashless. It is based on the same framework as paper money is. It is the same system called FIAT money.
Bitcoin is something else, it is transparent and finite monetary system. Of course it will be only more expensive over time - unlike every standard FIAT.

Thank you for your answer. But in order for btc to survive, or even thrive, wouldn't it have to be used a lot (at least much more than today)? And what is the probability of that?

I mean I have already bought small stuff with btc and it's neat because there are no fees etc for either side. But not many people have done it, I guess?

And why would it be only more expensive over time?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
September 16, 2016, 08:51:32 AM
Is there really a future for it?  Where would btc be used instead of your traditional cashless money via debit/credit cards etc?
Debit/Credit money is not exactly cashless. It is based on the same framework as paper money is. It is the same system called FIAT money.
Bitcoin is something else, it is transparent and finite monetary system.
Of course it will be only more expensive over time - unlike every standard FIAT system - which will be worth less and less mainly because of two factors: quantitative easing and inflation.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
September 16, 2016, 08:08:08 AM
Is there really a future for it?  Where would btc be used instead of your traditional cashless money via debit/credit cards etc?
Pages:
Jump to: